• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Going to Camp Jeep Ca this Summer?

rpili2001

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning to go to camp jeep in CA this August if DC does'nt pull the rug out like they did last year.

http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/events/camp_jeep/

Anyone know if there will be camping at "camp" jeep or do you have to find a hotel or camping grounds nearby?

What are the trails like up there? Do I need a locker and a plug kit?

Anyone else going so we can camp together etc.

Just for reference at Camp Hale people were camping within a mile of camp jeep.

Thanks

Ray

The Flying Flags is in Buelliton and there is also Lake Cachuma on the San Marcos pass which if I remember correctly is the 154, both are about the same distance to camp Jeep. They do not offer camping at the event

You probably won't "need" a locker at Camp Jeep if you run the trails they have set up since they have to accomodate people who have never been off-road and have stock vehicles. However you could probably explore some on your own and find more difficult trails...but with your vehicle, I don't think you'll have any problems! :D

You won't find any kind of hard trails around there, they are all SUV trails that you can drive in 2wd

I may never recover from the last time I drove past the Flying Flags RV park. They were changing out some lettering and the sign read 'Flying F ags RV'
If anyone of you has been there before you might remember all the 'colorful' flags along the road....I thaught my wife was going to pee her pants from laughing so hard!
Rick R
:moon:

Fullsizexj said:
You won't find any kind of hard trails around there, they are all SUV trails that you can drive in 2wd

w0000000t - 2WD!!!! w0000000t

ok... back to work... sorry for the interruption :-D

I'll be on the XJ Rubicon run that week.

:)

Ya did you click the register button. 335 dollars?! For a guided SUV tour from DC. Riiiiight. That'd be SO worth it. :rolleyes:

I think we should all go up there and pro-test. ACTUALLY Camp, ACTUALLY find a trail that you need 4 wheel drive and a lift for, and bring big banners that say "DC KILLED THE XJ!" and "BRING BACK THE XJ!" and "The Liberty is the XJ's replacement?!" and do it all FOR FREE! Like Jeepin should be.

:flipoff:

mikedashg said:
Ya did you click the register button. 335 dollars?! For a guided SUV tour from DC. Riiiiight. That'd be SO worth it. :rolleyes:

I think we should all go up there and pro-test. ACTUALLY Camp, ACTUALLY find a trail that you need 4 wheel drive and a lift for, and bring big banners that say "DC KILLED THE XJ!" and "BRING BACK THE XJ!" and "The Liberty is the XJ's replacement?!" and do it all FOR FREE! Like Jeepin should be.

:flipoff:
ain't no trails in that area that require lift and 4x4

I checked out the website, they want $300 for the weekend, what a rip off. I'd rather go wheeling with my buddies for free. Maybe if they didn't run so many ads on tv it could be free.

Ray, Marisha and I will be camping at the Flying Flags campground.

To all you price bashers, go away, you don't understand. This event includes Jeep 101 where you can test drive new vehicles on a special course, events for children, usually other outdoor activities (climbing, hiking, kayaking, etc....), Jeep history displays (with old, new, and concept vehicles), a concert with big name bands (wallflowers, etc...), and many other things.

For those interested in going look Marisha and me up when you are there as we will working the event helping out on trails and where ever else needed.

MJR and M,

I'll be helping out too. About 3 of us from the SD4Wheelers will be helping. Flying Flags seems to the be place so I'll make reservations there.

Jeep is one of the few maufacturers holding events like this - pro off road - all the others are just riding their coat tails.

Ray

rpili2001 said:
I'll be helping out too.
Ditto. Just got my trail guide package in the mail today.

Flying Flags seems to the be place so I'll make reservations there.
Ray, if you have a motorhome, ask for a space next to me.

Andy,

Got my packet too.

I'll give them a call.

For every one else. Camp Jeep is a great time no matter the cost. The jeep jambos that take place year around are priced per person. Camp Jeep is priced per jeep. Its a great time for kids and for any one who just bought a jeep and want to wheel it for the first time.

Ray

Andy and Jeff and M&M

I made reservations at flying flags for july and aug only spots left is dry camping. I asked for your name Andy but they didnt have it listed.

Ray

rpili2001 said:
Andy...
I made reservations at flying flags for july and aug only spots left is dry camping. I asked for your name Andy but they didnt have it listed.
Thanks for the heads up Ray. I called Flying Flags to double check my reservation. They do have it, but they won't tell me what space I'm in except to say that they will try to honor my request to be close to the dry camping area (so that I can hang with my buddies).

I wasn't able to get a full hook up space for July 16th & 17th so I got a adjacent spaces in the dry camping area for Mike & Marisha's tent and my motorhome.

Andy et al,

I'm heading up there Friday AM. My wife and sister in law's will be coming up Saturday to sight see. I'll look for you guys Friday night.

My cell is 760-889-3644 I'll be on ch 4 CB.

Back