• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's coming to the flog

hey yellowxj, its like 3 in the mornin and i just found out that my great uncle is in the hospital so i am not gonna be able to come. he has had a heart attack so tomorrow after classes i am heading to north carolina to see him and be there with the family. so i just wanted to say thank you for offering and lettin me stay at your place and ride with you. i hope u all have a great time. ill be talking to you guys later. take 'er easy and good luck to all ya'll this weekend.

Yea, it was cold at night, but beautiful during the day :)

I didn't get any pictures this year, I was driving, with no spotter... Not to mention my front locker was broken. I think a broken locker is worse than an open diff.

I left early. My locker was getting so bad that I couldn't get up any trails. I am considering pulling it out, and just welding the d@#& thing :)

We ran lower 2 on sat.and slickrock sun.
We also made the rock ledge above slick rock.
Roxjeeper broke an axle joint about half way up on lower 2
but we put in a spare and he drove it out
the rest of the way on 3 inchs and 32's.Very impressive IMHO!
We had a great time and cant wait to go again.
Wished we could have spent more time with you guys
(uncc civilengineer- mr mom) and any one else I'm forgetting.
sorry we missed yellowxj and crew.maybe next time.

We need to change the subject to "Who went to the Flog?" :)

Nice pics by the way MrMom.

I have some video of Woodkrawler and a red MJ (Mac) climbing PeckerWood. If anyone is interested, I can put them on a server, and put up a link here.

Link to video

Warning, the file is about 1.3 mb, and will take several minutes to load on dialup. It runs about 8 minutes, once loaded.

Last edited:
forester nice meeting you sat morn on trail 5 sorry your front locker was giving you heck can't open your video
you end up riding back after you left us at the river?

Here are a few more Fall Flog pictures:

Tellico005.jpg

Heading up to Guardrail

Tellico007.jpg

Helicopter Pad

Tellico008.jpg

Helicopter Pad

Tellico009.jpg

Top of Helicopter Pad

Tellico010.jpg

Hammerite_05 on Helicopter

XJ16FW said:
Link to video

Warning, the file is about 1.3 mb, and will take several minutes to load on dialup. It runs about 8 minutes, once loaded.
I even tried to download it and it did not work on quicktime or WMP.

Sorry that I missed saturday riding and getting to hang out. Wound up working all day at the shop...just how it goes...cant wait for the crawl, so I can visit everyone again...

we had a great time at the flog! the weather was great. and thanks again to forrest for the help on peckerwood! (i almost ran him over). i hate we didn't get to ride with you guys. my front detroit went kaput the first day on peckerwood so i limped the XJ around the rest of the weekend with 3wd. it got so bad i ended up having to pull both shafts and front DS just to drive the jeep home.

HOW DO YOU BREAK A DETROIT LOCKER WITH LIGHT WEIGHT 285s on ALUMINUM WHEELS?? IM STUMPED!!!

The video is in uncompressed .avi format. I will compress it in the morning, and put it on the server.

Forrest

Back