• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's coming to the flog

Mark WNC

NAXJA Member # 481
Who all is coming, when you going to be there and where is
everyone staying.
We will be there thursday evening,
prolly stay at Crawfords.
Bringing both jeeps and camper.
I wonder if you can heat a popup:confused:

oh yah you can heat a pop up...little space heater and an occilating fan on low...you wont be sweating but it will be warmer

we'll be there...where ever everyone else is...got to get the wife a head to toe thermal suit for trail riding

I plan on being there, just not sure yet when or in what. I'll be at Crawfords, hopefully thurs eve and driving the ???

I supose yall are talking about Tellico? What are the dates and what is the event?

Sorry Im new here and last weekend was my first trip ever in my newly built virgin Jeep. I went to Tellico last weekend for my first trip ever and WOW. Here is a picture if I can get it to post.
ShowPicture

yellowxj said:
you havent seen my scary ride down upper 2 then :) and I've been up slickrock a few times...never seen anyone going down...its got to be done

and your all welcome to camp at my place if you want...its abit further than crawfords to the trails...maybe a half hour...but the campings free...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97737

I dont understand your link.. It dosent help me understand what the Flog is.. and or when the dates are..

Nov 3-4 weekend afternext

We'll be there hopfully...Will know more on Thrus.

and I guess if everyone wants to stay at Crawfords then that's where we'll be..was planning on staying at Travis and Michelle's...

Racing4funn said:
I dont understand your link.. It dosent help me understand what the Flog is.. and or when the dates are..
yea, I noticed that to.
I'll be there. at crawfords

I will be at Crawford's. Do we have a meeting time at the ranger station yet? I have to run over to Stateline to meet someone first.

Racing4funn said:
I think he really meant this link: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97737

Look at post #26. It has directions to his place.

The "Flog" is an annual SE chapter run to Tellico. It is pretty informal. We just meet at the ranger station, and split up into groups with similar rig capabilities. We usually meet somewhere in the area for lunch. The dates are Nov 3-5. All we need is a time to meet at the ranger station, since we are not all staying at the same place this year.

I am going in the "thing" in my avatar :)

PS, nice XJ!

Last edited:
At this point, I gotta say I'm out:tear:

BUT....by springtime, the MJ (hopefully) will be rebuilt, and I can actually wheel it:D Count me in for the Crawl next year;)

Jeff

Some added events for those staying at Crawford's

Nov. 3rd-5th First Annual Camper Appreciation Weekend FARMER'S 4X4 WILL BE HERE PUTTING ON A CRAWL COMPETITION ON THE "CRAWFORD ROCKPILE" . TROPHIES WILL BE GIVEN OUT. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A GRAND PRIZE OF A FREE WEEKEND STAY IN ONE OF OUR FULLY EQUIPPED CABINS. YOUR RESERVATION IS YOUR FEE TO ATTEND. FREE HAMBURGERS/HOTDOGS. We need reservations to determine the size of crowd. (1/2 off camping in campground) *Cabins will remain regular price.

as of right now i will be there. will know more the week before. im staying at yellowxj's unless he changes his mind. hope to see everyone there

well blackwidow...now I'm torn...so many camping at crawfords and I do love the nightlife, hanging out with everyone, half price camping is nice, and I wouldnt mind trying to win the rockcrawling contest ...BUT I'm sleeping for free at the shop (still in my camper) BUT have a 23 min longer ride to get to the trails BUT I have to pass gas stations, pizza, and the abc on the ride back to the shop and I have access to a shop with a pile of parts xj's...and I have to haul my own garbage at either place...I dont know how many campers I could plug in to my building...its on temporary power...havent popped a fuse yet and I do have a 7kw generator for back up...

BUT if it rains...whats not covered by gravel at my place gets real slick...at crawfords at least you have a layer of grass...BUT theres enough floor space in side my building that I could put a few campers in side if I wanted too...

I dunno...I guess I'll go with the majority...if your bring a tent blackwidow I'm sure you can share some of my campspot...

Yeah we can slit up camping spots if it comes down to it but I guess we might want to see if there are any spots left???

HAHAHAHAAA I just got confering with the wifey and she says theres not a chance in heck that she's breaking camp at our place to move 30 minutes away and pay someone for the privelege of hauling our own garbage and chancing dirty bathrooms...so we'll be camping at our shop...anyone who wants to camp with us is welcome too...and we can stay up as late as we want

we'll meet everyone else at the trail head....9 am sound like a good meeting time??? it'll be too cold to sleep in...

Back