• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants to build a stroker?

ROKRWLR

NAXJA Forum User
Want to build a stroker? I've got a great starter for you!

Just pulled the motor out of my 2001 that I seized a crank bearing on and am swapping in a V8. This would be a great starter for a stroker project and you wouldn't have to pull your existing motor out until you were ready to swap this one in! This is a very low miles block and head.

Here's the good and bad about this motor:

The Jeep has just under 155K miles on it now, but just before I bought it in 06, the first owner had the motor replaced at the dealer because he didn't do good oil changes (I think) and ended up with 0 oil pressure and a clanker. Regardless, he paid for a new dealer motor at 139,927 miles (lets call that 140K). So, this block & head only have about 15K miles on them (wow, that makes me even more sad that I seized it!). I have the paperwork from the replacement if you want to see it ($3998.35 to do the work at KING in Longmont in 06/2006)

The motor seized in the notch on carnage canyon when I think I starved it by falling in the notch too many times in a row and trying to drive it out. When I got it back home, I was able to get the crank to free up, and I could start it up and run it again. Then after that, it would start up every time. It idled ok, but if you gave it some RMP, you could hear a knocking from the crank. I pulled the oil pan and found gold / brass flakes from the bearings.

It has the upgraded "TUPY" head that eliminated the cracking issues in the late model heads. The head all still looks good. It had pools of oil in the rockers when I pulled the cover off and appeared to still be nice and wet from oiling. This is a coil on plug motor. I have the coil packs and it has brand new NGK plugs from troubleshooting. Intake, throttle body and Exhaust manifolds are with it. (It is CA emissions car with the short manifolds bolted to 2 precats)

Motor does not have power steering pump, alternator or AC compressor. AC is long gone, Pump was for my full hydro and got transplanted to the V8, alternator was a ZJ high amp unit mounted high where AC once was. I'm listing that separate. I bent the oil pick up tube pulling the motor without the oil pan on, but you'd replace that in your build anyway.

Any other questions, let me know. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. I need the room in my shop!

Sonny
Three O Three 8 O 9 Five 47 Four

Everyone likes pictures, so here are a few. Please pardon the blurry corner. I swear it's not my thumb, but an iPhone 6 case on an iPhone 7.

Took some parts off and found the MOPAR parts sticker. Says build date 660 06. Not sure what the 660 means?

Here's a couple of the motor.

I couldn't imagine shipping it would be worthwhile. I wouldn't even know where to start with shipping it.

If it sticks around too long, I'll probably disassemble it for the amusement value of it, sell off the good parts like the head and manifold and turn the rest into some recheck art project!

Motor is sold.

Back