• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has broken a 29spline 8.25 shaft??

am i correct in thinking that since the carrier is directly center in the axle, 1 spare shaft would work on both sides?
anyone know that one?

XJ_ranger said:
am i correct in thinking that since the carrier is directly center in the axle, 1 spare shaft would work on both sides?
anyone know that one?
You'd be correct in your thinking.

true true, i just carry two because i have em and why not bring both. never know whats gonna happen

XJ_ranger said:
anyone know that one?

The only bad thing about moving to a D44 from my 8.25, is having 2 different sized shafts.
The brakes help me forget that shortcoming, though.
HTH

xjrrrdx said:
Is it true that a 27 spline 8.25 is basically like having a D35??
The shafts are the same size, but the axle tubes are much thicker and the ring gear is larger, making for a stronger all-around axle than a d35.

Ramsey said:
if/when i jump to 35's should i invest in dutchmans, also what do they run? dont plan on swapping axles since i just regeared and locked it.

$280/pair

JeepinAudiophile said:
$280/pair
thanks, guess those might be next

Back