• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who broke what?

Airshocks now?

Something like that.

Killed two sets of leaf springs from axle wrap. Bent them into esses. One of them had a broken main leaf like Jes's picture. 2 rear u-joints, rear pinion yoke, and a fan belt.

What's the name of the guy that hooked me up with the main leaf again?
Thanks again to the PNW crew, I'll wheel with you guys any day.

Something like that.

What's the name of the guy that hooked me up with the main leaf again?
Thanks again to the PNW crew, I'll wheel with you guys any day.

That was me. My whole crew(PNW) laughed at me when I told them I brought a RE main leaf. Looks like I should have brought two more full sets huh, Jeremy ;)

Hans

That was me. My whole crew(PNW) laughed at me when I told them I brought a RE main leaf. Looks like I should have brought two more full sets huh, Jeremy ;)

Hans

Because of you I was able to hammer on my rig in Area BFE somemore and run Upper Helldorado.
Many many thanks! :cheers:

I have some new noises that need to be investigated this coming weekend.
Smacked my rear quarter a bit, Just about time for a fold and tuck.

I heard of about 5 - 7 water pumps going out, over the course of the week as well.

My locker seems to have gotten noisier since getting back.

Maybe its time to just build a hardcore 30

I twisted a rear drive line on Cliffhanger, I think Pritchett Canyon did it, and Cliffhanger just finished it off. I thought I toasted the front locker (Aussie), but when I took it apart today, I found this...

Some minor body damage here and there too.

Ken

You the guy that tried following my line on cliffhanger with a front driveshaft in the rear? In that case you broke a front driveline that was on the wrong end. :)

I popped a rear pinion u-joint on my tow rig and dropped the driveshaft on the pavement while crossing the hwy 191 bridge over the river coming in to Moab. Damn lucky it waited until then, could have gone out on I70 somewhere at speed. I pulled the rear shaft, easy since it's a two piece, locked the front hubs and drove into Slickrock in front wheel drive. Spent the afternoon putting two new joints in the driveshaft.

A few days later the water pump on the buggy started complaining, only 4 runs on a new pump, so it got changed.

My whole crew(PNW) laughed at me when I told them I brought a RE main leaf. Looks like I should have brought two more full sets huh, Jeremy ;)

Hans

Yep.

IMG_2005.jpg

Torrington bearing, seal and stub shaft for same bearing. That explained that aweful squeek I had. Looks like water took it out, probably from Naches in June. U joint for the same side stub shaft was on it's way out too. All fixed! Still haven't done the full check though.

Torrington bearing, seal and stub shaft for same bearing. That explained that aweful squeek I had. Looks like water took it out, probably from Naches in June. U joint for the same side stub shaft was on it's way out too. All fixed! Still haven't done the full check though.

I would guess you have the camo car on boggers? I was freaking out on Moab Rim that something was going wrong with Green Junk.

Breaking sucks so I made sure I didn't. Green Junk worked real good.

I cooked my t-case driving back to Cali. 4low is all I've got. How do I do a 231 swap?
I assume you've got a 242?
just unbolt the 242, bolt in a 231 and change the bezel in the center console.

I didn't do any major damage, just that gas tank thing...

I would guess you have the camo car on boggers? I was freaking out on Moab Rim that something was going wrong with Green Junk.

Breaking sucks so I made sure I didn't. Green Junk worked real good.

That was actually kind of funny. I saw you kept checking your rig for the squeek so I tried to stay close enough that it wouldn't go away.

Add another water pump to the list. Went out to drive the Jeep into work this morning, started it, had to run back into the house for something, when I came back out there was a water spot growing in the driveway.

Burnt up a trailer tire on the gooseneck on the way home, luckily we knew there was an issue and monitored it so that we were able to swap it out with the spare once it wore down to the belts before it blew...

The megacablimo has pretty bad driveline vibes that developed on the way out and got worse on the way home...but it made it home w/o further issues (i guess 25k going down the road is a lot on a driveshaft)...

The XJbuggypopcan has a squeal that started to develop late in the week but was more apparent when I pulled it off the trailer when i got home, I'm thinking it is the idler pulled only because everyone else burnt up water pumps...

both my diffs are leaking fluid...

anything else I find will probably be in the coming months when I feel like working on stuff again...

mac 'has a whole fleet of XJs at home that need attn' gyvr

I popped a rear pinion u-joint on my tow rig and dropped the driveshaft on the pavement while crossing the hwy 191 bridge over the river coming in to Moab. Damn lucky it waited until then, could have gone out on I70 somewhere at speed. I pulled the rear shaft, easy since it's a two piece, locked the front hubs and drove into Slickrock in front wheel drive. Spent the afternoon putting two new joints in the driveshaft.

Lucky in a couple of ways. It was a good thing it was the rear ujoint and not the front.

I can't imagine the damage a big heavy driveshaft could do to the underside of a truck still connected to the axle.

The megacablimo has pretty bad driveline vibes that developed on the way out and got worse on the way home...but it made it home w/o further issues (i guess 25k going down the road is a lot on a driveshaft)...

Not so much. Dad's 99 2wd 3500 sees a lot of 30k lbs. and more during cherry harvest, and he's still on the original u-joints.

Not so much. Dad's 99 2wd 3500 sees a lot of 30k lbs. and more during cherry harvest, and he's still on the original u-joints.

03s and newer have a big problem with front drive shaft ujoints shelling out. The tolerances are way too tight and they cook pretty easily. I would bet this is the problem.

03s and newer have a big problem with front drive shaft ujoints shelling out. The tolerances are way too tight and they cook pretty easily. I would bet this is the problem.
I've got a vibration in my 99 that I do need to chase down. Maybe this weekend, after the ZZ Top show Friday night.

Back