• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who broke what?

I didn't break anything. But this trip to Moab has made me broke.

I broke this while coming back down Pritchett...
standard.jpg

...I guess 7 years and 130,000 miles is too much to ask of a RE main leaf.

Airshocks now?

How much did ya spend Johnny?......SANTA

Ha! You got me back Kenny.

I don't even want to know how much I spent. But it was well worth it. Now trying to figure out if I can make the Hump 'N Bump.

My mechanical fan nibbled some insulation off my negative winch cable. I suspect the noise I heard was a way stretched out t-case chain, but have yet to investigate. The new suspension parts and Swampers worked beautifully.

Two shock bushings (Skyjacker is replacings all of them cause they turn to powder) Rig worked great.......once I aired down....shut it, Led.:gag:

Bell housing
Header
X-fer case

None of it wheeling. JIM.

Killed two sets of leaf springs from axle wrap. Bent them into esses. One of them had a broken main leaf like Jes's picture. 2 rear u-joints, rear pinion yoke, and a fan belt.

Last day, last trail, broke the rear drive shaft on both ends on Doubble Wammie. I think it just took a bad hop and I didn't get out of the skinny pental fast enought. I don't think it had anything to do with the LS1 in the 96 Classic. I've seen people break a lot worst with less power.

Had a spare shaft with so we just threw it on and we were back on the trail in 10 mintues. Well it did take longer than that to cut the shrink wrap off my spare shaft.

Happy Trails. John B.

:wave: Hiya John!

Got any pics of your LS1?

Well 4 new dents.. Driver rear bumper, no big deal, 1 in Driver top of fender & 2 in windshield frame :smsoap: thanks to a loss of concentration & distraction resulting in a tree attacking me as I was avoiding going over on the first obstacle of Hells Revenge on the last day :doh: Also found that Blue lock-tight sucks for the front drive shaft & will be safety wiring to prevent yet another departed front drive shaft :cool:

I seem to have a small "transmission fluid" leak that is new (didn't happen till Saturday).
I have some more tire wear ;)

On the other hand, my DW seem to be much better now than it was before Moab? Does this mean that I had negative breakage issues?

Michael

I have some new noises that need to be investigated this coming weekend.
Smacked my rear quarter a bit, Just about time for a fold and tuck.

I heard of about 5 - 7 water pumps going out, over the course of the week as well.

Last day, last trail, broke the rear drive shaft on both ends on Doubble Wammie. I think it just took a bad hop and I didn't get out of the skinny pental fast enought. I don't think it had anything to do with the LS1 in the 96 Classic. I've seen people break a lot worst with less power.

Had a spare shaft with so we just threw it on and we were back on the trail in 10 mintues. Well it did take longer than that to cut the shrink wrap off my spare shaft.

Happy Trails. John B.

John,
you must have broke that right after we saw you at the golden crack!
crazy!

one of those YJ's I was with blew a u-joint on the crack... fun fun.

gravesdiggerxj

About 100 miles from home a vibration started and became worse....
After having the tires rotated and balanced.... I removed front ds and found that the cardan joint centering assembly and one U joint were bad....
The 11 yr old catalytic converter and 6 yr old dynomax muffler were RATTLING really bad while on the trail....
Steering stabilizer is leaking oil from a gouge in the housing...
Both rear axle seals are leaking, but the passenger side is the worst...

Already replaced the muffler and catalytic converter along with the entire exhaust system...
The front ds is in the shop being rebuilt...
Ordered new Timken hub unit bearings... since they are 11+ years old and are coming due....

Plan to install the new unit bearings when time permits.
While replacing the axle seals.... I will probably resurface the rear rotors and replace the pads....

Last edited:
Back