• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who broke what?

a hub and shock

rock_shock.jpg

Friday prerun,

Busted the airline fitting off my tire carrier. Had to fix it so I could use the ARB's. Broke a mini fog light built into my bumper when I ran into a tree. Broke the front D30 ring gear in the new rock garden on orange.

Friday afternoon we pulled the ring gear so I could run the Jeep in RWD.

Sat,

Led orange in RWD. Broke the other fog light.

Sun morning,

Flat tire

I'm sure I have lots of new dents and scrapes but I have too much mud on the Jeep to see them.

Sat night, aquired Franken spare. :(

B-loose

on the way there -
thought i blew a wheel bearing assembly - stoped, bought one and installed it in a parking lot - not the problem
thought it was the u-joint in the rear shaft - stoped, bought one and installed it in a parking lot - not the problem
locked the hubs in - problem temp fixed... still need to figure out what the real deal with that is... screams like a MoFo...

Driver mirror
Rear hatch
Passenger headlight
Passenger fender / whole front corner
Driver corner light thingy
new dent in driver door
drivers side factory tow hook and bracket
1 spare tire still has shit jamed in the bead
hit my tie rod again (now it is even more of a smilie face)
drivers side rocker (no rails yet)

i think thats it... but I havent dared to look underneath yet...

Last edited:
PhunkXJ said:
a hub and shock

rock_shock.jpg

and somehow a hub nut !?! i still dont know how that could possibly break...

Nothing too bad at all for me. Bumpers and rails saved me pretty much. A few beauty marks from the tree branches sticking out. Other than that I think I just have to dig through my engine a little to figure out what it's beef was (started sounding like xjwoody's jeep for a while :)).

Mike

XJ_ranger said:
on the way there -
thought i blew a wheel bearing assembly - stoped, bought one and installed it in a parking lot - not the problem
thought it was the u-joint in the rear shaft - stoped, bought one and installed it in a parking lot - not the problem
locked the hubs in - problem temp fixed... still need to figure out what the real deal with that is... screams like a MoFo...

Driver mirror
Rear hatch
Passenger headlight
Passenger fender / whole front corner
Driver corner light thingy
new dent in driver door
drivers side factory tow hook and bracket
1 spare tire still has shit jamed in the bead
hit my tie rod again (now it is even more of a smilie face)
drivers side rocker (no rails yet)

i think thats it... but I havent dared to look underneath yet...

i dont know why but that makes me smile a little :D

my webwheelers growing up :tear:

Well,
Nothing major on mine. After slamming into the rock face on Pink with my t-case skid, (Thanks Dan, that was a great line :D) it went from 8 bolts down to 6 holding it on. Then attempting to play on the tall section of Purgatory, it went to 3 total bolts, after slamming a few rocks. Also on Purgatory, I bent the front of my passenger rocker (which is 2x6 square tube welded in) up into the door. Door opened fine, but then wouldn't close, so I had to beat it back down with a sledge. I think that's about it.

Caved in right rear quarter panel on orange and ripped off passenger side mirror as well.

Optional hill on Orange: slammed my pass side fender (top of it), crushed my A-frame, and cracked my windshield all from slamming into a tree at the top!

Quarry, over by the pond: Dented my catalytic, and muffler. Scarred my drive shaft at the pinion, it was rotating on rock (surprised it did not snap). Also took a chunk out of my tire. Bent my front OEM skid, and possibly my steering linkage.

Slammed the rock skidz numerous times, and they held up just fine. That's it......

bshaw said:
Optional hill on Orange: slammed my pass side fender (top of it), crushed my A-frame, and cracked my windshield all from slamming into a tree at the top!

Quarry, over by the pond: Dented my catalytic, and muffler. Scarred my drive shaft at the pinion, it was rotating on rock (surprised it did not snap). Also took a chunk out of my tire. Bent my front OEM skid, and possibly my steering linkage.

Slammed the rock skidz numerous times, and they held up just fine. That's it......

So bshaw, that was you I was talking to at the hotel yesterday morning? Nice to meet you, since I didn't introduce myself. Was busy waiting on the coffee!

TRL WGN 1 said:
So bshaw, that was you I was talking to at the hotel yesterday morning? Nice to meet you, since I didn't introduce myself. Was busy waiting on the coffee!
i was going to ask if that was you or not. it was so early i guess, and i was still half asleep waiting on the coffey :D. it was nice to meet you as well man!

bshaw said:

i was going to ask if that was you or not. it was so early i guess, and i was still half asleep waiting on the coffey :D. it was nice to meet you as well man!

Had I known that was you, I would have asked about that DVD of Carnage Fest. LOL

Rear bumper pushed up on passenger side after hitting rock.

at this point, I don't think I got anything other than more BD (roof line) and rock rash. I do have a new noise to chase down though..

OneTonXJ said:
1 rear 60 shaft went :explosion Don't know why??

LOL
LOL

Yeah, I can't figure it out either. Wouldn't have anything to do with standing on the rear axle under full throttle, on multiple occasions would it?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

BTW, your last climb before someone broke the axle, was quite impressive!
Kudos!

After further inspection, my front bumper has a prety good dent in it. It's bent up a little too on the passanger side. Guess I'll have to take it off and put another one on.:D

I broke all the rear axle U-bolts, wrenching on my parts junk in the Driveway.

Hey, it happened on WF weekend.

I didn't even get a damn drunk call........

Back