• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Winch??? What do you have and what do you suggest?

Which Winch do you have and suggest?

• Total voters
Big Red said:
My parents have showed me the latest and greatest that Rockford has to offer in an attempt to have me move back out to Illinois. I'm staying put in Cali. I was going to check out the pick n pull/junk yards, but I hear you got them totally picked clean. Ya rat bastid :laugh:

Meh, I have been called worse. :laugh3:

Cali>Rockford??/

Who woulda thunk it? ;)

maineiac said:
superwinch epi9.0 the best winch for the money mine pulls like a mule and its fast too
And four wheel parts has free shipping right now for anything over 300..... And it comes with a snatch block.

DAryl

Big Red said:
So you finding a lot of XJ 44s out in Illinois? That's good if you can sell them and put them to good use instead of letting them rust away and maybe get scrapped.

So do you have a winch or what? :laugh3:

I should have my new Nate's 4x4 winch bumper by this weekend and have my Warn M8000 mounted and good to go soon.
I find 'em occasionally- about one a month.

As far as winches, (4) 8274, (1)XD9000i, (1) HS9500, (1)RE 8,000 that may become a trailer winch, and (1) POS harbor freight that came with a Jeep and may become a boat anchor. ;)

Let's see some pix when you get it mounted.:cool:

I like my M8000 on a multi mount. Yes, it gets whacked on rocks almost every time I really wheel it and have it mounted, but it goes front or back or another truck, and can go in the back of the rig if I need the approach angle. So far all the rock polish has not seemed to really bother anything - nothing on it or the receiver hitch mount seems to have moved. It does sit low, but my answer for that will be lift and tires!

Back