• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which electric fan did you use?

So the 110s dont cut it? i remember not too long ago, those things were like XJ gold...is a taurus fan (or these new intrepid fans) the wave of the future? i had a cheap e-bay elec fan, and it never kept it cool...ended up throwing 3 blades wile driving too... i just ordered a 110...wish i woulda looked around some. should i even keep it, or try to sell it off?
-Bennett

gw204 said:
In that article, he also states that his XJ is an '88 with the closed cooling system.....yet it blew the radiator cap?????? :dunno:

Sounds to me like the system had been hacked on before and someone installed the wrong radiator. The open-system radiator was preventing the closed-system from doing it's job.

Obviously if the cooling system in the XJ is bad, it should be repaired first then add the electric fan. I too had cooling problems with the mechanical fan. I flushed the cooling system then changed the radiator, water pump and thermostat. Yet the 4.0L would over heat at idle with the AC on. With the AC off the electric fan would always suppliment the mechanical fan. Now with dual electric fans the 4.0L remains on the low side of the 210 mark at speeds above 45 MPH with out the help of the fans.

BennettXJ said:
So the 110s dont cut it? i remember not too long ago, those things were like XJ gold...is a taurus fan (or these new intrepid fans) the wave of the future? i had a cheap e-bay elec fan, and it never kept it cool...ended up throwing 3 blades wile driving too... i just ordered a 110...wish i woulda looked around some. should i even keep it, or try to sell it off?
-Bennett
Sell it off. It will not cut the mustard. You need 2000 cfm or higher for it to work.

im running the stock clutch fan, manual switched aux fan and a CSF 3 core radiator and my temp never goes past the line at 180 or whatever the temp is

Back