• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which 8" kit?

JEEPTUBE said:
STICK WITH RUBICON OR FULL TRACTION. THERE KITS ARE VERY COMPLETE AND STURDY. ROCK KRAWLER? U GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. THEY SELL THAT 3 CONTROL ARM KIT FOR THE FRONT RIGHT? WTF?
GO LONG ARM.
CLAYTON IS COOL.
BUT RUBICON IS BETTER.
AND AS FOR THE REAR COIL SWAP. ONLY DO IT IF U R READY TO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE BACK. NO LOAD CAPACITY. AND BESIDES LEAF REARS ARE TOUGHER AND WAY EASIER TO FIX ON THE TRAIL.
Lay off the caps man. Why you gotta go around screaming at us on your first day? Go back to the first post and see if you actually have any info to contribute.(stick with what You know or have tried)

FWIW....nothing

I have a buddy with rusty's long arms, Skyjacker 10" coils, and alcan 10" leafs, he runs 37's and it's way to big, but he's planning on running 42's after he trims, only problem is he didn't go full widths so it's really unstable, I'd say get your axles done first so you can tell if the bigger tube size or brackets will give you any lift, then decide on the lift, but decide on tires before you do the axles so you can gear appropriately(which I know that you know all this already)

90xjsweetevil said:
thats the plan except ill figure out the tire size after i figure out the lift

TheHighHeat said:
I have a buddy with rusty's long arms, Skyjacker 10" coils, and alcan 10" leafs, he runs 37's and it's way to big, but he's planning on running 42's after he trims, only problem is he didn't go full widths so it's really unstable, I'd say get your axles done first so you can tell if the bigger tube size or brackets will give you any lift, then decide on the lift, but decide on tires before you do the axles so you can gear appropriately(which I know that you know all this already)

since when does skyjacker make a 10" coil ? i thought the biggest coil out there was rustys 9" coil

88rockxj said:
since when does skyjacker make a 10" coil ? i thought the biggest coil out there was rustys 9" coil
they make 10" and 12" coils for TJ's

robz95xj said:
they make 10" and 12" coils for TJ's

the biggest they make for an xj is 8" right? or do they have the same spring rates for xj and tjs at skyjacker meaning you can use the tj coils on an xj?

88rockxj said:
the biggest they make for an xj is 8" right? or do they have the same spring rates for xj and tjs at skyjacker meaning you can use the tj coils on an xj?
im sure the tj coil is a little softer givin you like 1" less lift on a XJ

robz95xj said:
im sure the tj coil is a little softer givin you like 1" less lift on a XJ

thanks for the info, although my coils are already in the mail so im a little too late on finding this out lol. whos a good vendor for skyjacker and how much do they go for? i just got some 8" rockkrawlers for 150$ shipped to my door, was going to go with rustys but he raised his price from 125$ to 150$ plus shipping

rustys coils give you 9'' if you have the 4cy and gives you 81/2" if you have the 6, thats what they told me when i ordered. and i got BOR 8'' leafs, that say when all settled in give a true 8'' built for a additional 350lbs.

just like every company there are people out there that have had bad experiences, I personally love my 8" skyjacker kit, but like I said before the heims are cheap quaility and wore out quick so I replaced them with hybrid currie arms and I love my lift now, for a kit it's pretty good though

Jeep-Guy said:
I have to ask, why is Skyjacker so bad? Im looking at the 8" kit and I have only heard good things...Why is it bad?

Jeep-Guy said:
I have to ask, why is Skyjacker so bad? Im looking at the 8" kit and I have only heard good things...Why is it bad?
its way overpriced, for less you can get a clayton long arm with a lifetime garentee

i just got an email saying rock krawlers springs are out of stock for 1-2 weeks, but no garuntee on timing and i can cancel my order if i want to. i normaly wouldnt have a problem with waiting but i need to see how high this thing is gonna sit in the front so i can finish the upper links on my 4 link and see how high the back end needs to sit. i searched a bunch and didnt find very many compressed lengths of 8" coils and i dont wanna base my numbers off just one guys measurment id rather have them under the jeep and see how far thier gonna compress. im building my bumpers with receiver hitches for a multi mount winch i can use on more then just one vehicle , not just on the front , and to not ruin my almost 90* approach angle with a big old bumper that sticks out 8 inches from my grill. basicly what im getting at is my front end isnt gonna be as heavy as most and wont compress the spring as much as the numbers i read. should be around 21-22" compressed correct???

what company has some 8" coils for 150$ shipped or less???? or should i not cancel my order and just wait ?

Ive already decided on my axles im getting a matching set of d44 geared 4.88 with an electrac or arb locker in the rear and an easylock in the front
I think ive decided on my lift and tire size as well im gonna do the clayton 6.5" hardarm
with 35x12.5's Im getting the axles pretty quick here got the money and the axles lined up gotta wait a bit for the gears and lockers though then in march buying the lift and getting everything thrown on except tires those are after the main work is done but I have a few ppl offering me good deals on used tires.

Back