• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get axles resplined locally??

asahagun

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping someone knows a local shop that can cut and respline a set of 31sp shafts for my ford nine inch. I live in Oceanside, and am hoping for something north county, or north of the 8. It's too bad currie does not do it anymore.

Thanks guys
-Adam

CTM is the best place....

although good luck getting anybody to do it before KOH.

Hoping someone knows a local shop that can cut and respline a set of 31sp shafts for my ford nine inch. I live in Oceanside, and am hoping for something north county, or north of the 8. It's too bad currie does not do it anymore.

Thanks guys
-Adam

Hey Adam, I am surprised that Currie won't do it. As of when I gave you those's axles they still did them. Do you know your lengths, if so you can drop them off here at the house and I can take them to Currie in Corona or Anahiem but there are also other places in Corona, Ontario that will do them you just have to call around!

My guess is that Currie is a bit of a drive from Oceanside.

Second CTM.

Try Oceanside Driveline and maybe Barnes Fab in Escondido.

You know Jesse?

If you're out of options, try Lenco racing transmissions in Lemon Grove. They're good people and have the equipment to do it.

Thanks for all the feedback. As to why currie does not respline, I was told time and time again that they will not waste their production time on "personal" orders. As of 2014 they are trying to move towards just being a distributor, and no longer ship numerous items.

Nothing like a company getting so big they choose to piss on the little guys. Economies of scale hard at work.

Adam

Thanks for all the feedback. As to why currie does not respline, I was told time and time again that they will not waste their production time on "personal" orders. As of 2014 they are trying to move towards just being a distributor, and no longer ship numerous items.

Nothing like a company getting so big they choose to piss on the little guys. Economies of scale hard at work.

Adam
Right Adam, that's why we should all support the guys who are around and offer a product that is not out of reach for the common man. Go get them done at CTM. Jack and Ben will gladly do them after the rush for KOH.

Currie only stopped selling rock jock parts directly. They were selling at retail and companies like mine sell at 10-30% off their retail prices. Not to mention now they don't have to sit and deal with 5 calls from the same guy that always tells them how his wife hates his jeep and how broke he is etc. I do. And then I call them and spend 5 mins placing a actual order and then that's the end of that.

They still do things like respline and such for the public directly.

And it not from getting to big. It's the opposite. They don't want to grow to big.

Spend your money anywhere but Currie....

Currie only stopped selling rock jock parts directly. They were selling at retail and companies like mine sell at 10-30% off their retail prices. Not to mention now they don't have to sit and deal with 5 calls from the same guy that always tells them how his wife hates his jeep and how broke he is etc. I do. And then I call them and spend 5 mins placing a actual order and then that's the end of that.

They still do things like respline and such for the public directly.

And it not from getting to big. It's the opposite. They don't want to grow to big.

Currie told me they don't tube housings or respline axles for individual orders any more too.

retube no...

Cut and respline Yes...

They are not going to grow over the # of employee's they currently have and by not doing so, they cant continue to take on 2 hour projects that they loose money and even more so, valuable time they could be using, to build new crapola with. At least thats how it was explained to me.

Same reasons I say dynacrap sucks cause we don't like a particular manufacturer due to past issues. But in reality they really are good products...

Not to mention Currie makes koh, ultra4, bitd, torc, and recreation wheeling possible for many of us. And has supported off and on road events for longer then a good number of those on here have been out of diapers...

Back