• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to get aligned in indy

redneckguy0404

NAXJA Forum User
been driving around on a very rough tape measure alignment and need her aligned right but no one ive taken the xj to or called will touch it, saying the tires are too wide or its lifted and their machine wont work on it, i know there is 4 wheel parts on the eastside but thats a good haul and 465 in the cherokee is looking death in the face and laughing:angel:. any ideas guys?

I had good luck at the Firestone on East St. (southside) I knew the guys working in the shop, so that helped. IIRC there is Trucks N Action on the south side as well, can't remember exactly where.

I wouldn't take my kids' wagon to 4WP for an alignment.

my point exactly on 4WP rather do business with a smaller company you can build a relationship with. I thought i called trucks in action a while back about it and they said they couldnt, maybe i should try them again. i did rather enjoy one company accepting the challenge, dropped the rig off and got a ride home only to have them call me 2 hours later, after they took my keys and pulled it in, to tell me they cant do lifted trucks.

I would take it to 4wp, some of the salesmen are not that likeable but I am friends with the mechanics, they are all wheelers and they are very experienced with lifted trucks. They don't like working on junk though, if something comes in with a cobbled up lift that is not done right they don't like it because you can't stand behind your work if someone else didn't do theirs right. They are a good group of guys that know what they are doing.

i don't know about anywhere up there but my buddy does alignments at a shop here in Columbus. I bet he would do it if you can get it down here! :D

I would do it for you if you want to drive to Fort Wayne.:wave:

35's aren't that big. Almost any machine should be able to align it. Most of them are just too lazy to take a few extra minutes to tell the alignment machine what specs you want to use.

If you fins some one who does a good job with it, let us know. Good shops are hard to find.

im over on the west side, bout the only thing lifted here is someones grandmas 80 caprice with 24s, not quite the same animal i have. I'm fairly certain everything on it is done right, lest i screwed up somewhere and dont know it, othern no stabilizer but it was added weight, dont know how thrilled they'll be to mess with the RK steering, connecting rod weighs more than the axle i think. what sears did you take your to sport? theres one in lafayette square that is good n close.

right on, ill give them a call and see what they say, or just tell them its a cherokee and try to sneak it in on them

right on, ill give them a call and see what they say, or just tell them its a cherokee and try to sneak it in on them

Mine's not crazy big, but you can definitely tell it was lifted. I bs'd with the guys in the shop, told them I lifted it ect. They didn't bat an eye. I doubt you'll have any problems. I would call first though. First time I went, their alignment guy wasn't in. Seems only some of their techs will do it.

Back