• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy stroker parts ?

dan89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on a rebuild of my 4.0, and making it into a stroker. I am looking at prices, and trying to find some good places to buy. I cant really seem to find a crankshaft for very cheap except for schucks.com for $188 with bearings. I also want to get new 707 rods, pistons, and the rest of the rebuild stuff. Anyone know of a good place to buy this stuff for a good price ?

Not many places have the 258 cranks available right now.. I spent days trying to find one. Found hundreds of places that sold them then when it came time to ordering they would say they didn't have any then they'd say their supplier was out as well.. so finally aftter a last resort type of thing I went to kraigen and after trying all 3 different 258 cranks they finally said one of their warehouses had .. it wasn't the exact one I wanted it was the one with a 2.5" snout but whatever it'll work with a spacer and since it was the only one I could find after days of searching ill be happy with it! So if I were you id go with the 188 dollar one.. but make sure they have it. Just cause it shows on their screen doesn't mean CRB (the place they get it from) has it. As for the rods everyone I heard of was getting them from ebay.. right now ebay doesn't have a thing I've checked numerous times. Last night I found a few websites that have them for a decent price. Cheapest I found was like 170 brand new for all 6 shipped and that was for the stronger casting ones I can't remember the number off the top of my head. And I can't remember the websites either I have them bookmarked on my comp at home I'm on my phone right now at work but when I get home tomorrow afternoon ill look them up.. but there are a bunch of 24lb bluetop ford injectors on ebay for a pretty good price right now if you are going the 4.6 route.

Interesting.. I want the long snout one. 707 casting rods are the stronger ones and I've found them on the net for $35 ea. The more common rods for $25 ea.. So, I also am wondering do I really need the stronger rods ?

I also am keeping an eye open for a used 258 motor.. maybe I can find a good crank to use.

Try calling AMC 4x4 @ 800-882-5337. They send all the 258 cranks to one customer who recycles them into, uh, strokers. The gal over at AMC really knows her stuff. If AMC doesn't have one to spare, she'll likely have an idea for you.

Back