• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where im at vs where i wanna be

im leaning towards drop brackets ... im 99% DD right now it also lets me spend money getting a SYE and 4.5 coils and new tires altho im going cheap a** tires ...

https://www.treadwright.com/individual-product/195/GUARD DOG-285-75R16-E

Smart thinking.
An SYE and new driveline is always a smart investment.
And I know several guys that swear by those treadwrights...especially if you can get them on a decent carcass like a Goodyear or BFG.

The debate over drop brackets vs. long arms is an age old argument that spans the life of each system, and could go on for pages and pages (and has and will) of this forum and others.
Do whats in your budget, and gets you where you need to be.
good luck!...and happy shopping!

currently 3" coils 3"full leaf pack, tcase drop, adjustable track bar and procomp fixed lower control arms. i set 1" high in the rear and i hate it ..

to buy list

1. guard dog 285/75/16 $700 shipped hope they fit...
2. advanced adapters SYE $200 ish
3. RC CA drop brackets $200 ish
4. Junk yard front drive shaft for rear $?
5. RE 4.5" coils from amazon $75

i already have a set of 1.5 -2 inch adjustable shackles ill still be setting high in rear but i already have them..
or maybe i should do 1" coil spaces in the front to lvl it out and not touch the rear at all .. ? should i still get the drop brackets if i do that ? would the 285s still fit?
i really want to go bushwacker flat fenders later but wont be anytime soon lol.

am i missing anything here that wont work or i should get ? can i get away with just remounting the front brake line ? will the rear be ok?
ill still be running fixed procomp lowers and stock uppers but i wont be able to get adjustable uppers till i find them used and super cheap ..

Last edited:
well I should update I bought the SYE its still in the box tho.
yesterday I drove to ridgefield wa and bought some bushwacker flat flares for $80 ! it was a 6hr round trip but couldnt pass the flares up. then today i just grabbed a bunch of spare parts off a guy on craigslist that was moving today i got a set of quick discos for $20 new in box idler pulley $5, new belt tensioner pulley $5 and a new tranny mount $10
and rock krawler adjustable upper control arms. he swore they were lowers... he wanted $80 i went thinking of offering $60 but once i saw them and how there were actually uppers and how kinda small they were i offered $40 and he took it..

Back