• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where im at vs where i wanna be

iv read some good reviews about it from peaple who actually have it so thats a good sign
right now im between the RC long arm upgrade for $649 or the IRO critical path kit for $599 .... from the looks of it both of them are a 1 piece crossmember so if theres front DS problems id have to remove the crossmember and that i dont like...

There's a lot of people out there saying bad things about the iro long arm. Most of the people complaining about it don't own one. I don't have one personally but wouldn't have a problem owning one. I have some friends that have it and they love it and like boringdave said it flat out works. fivendime has one on his xj. Has had it for about 4years and that bracket hasn't moved one mm. He took a chisel and marked it permanently and it hasn't move. I think it's brilliant and it's to bad more people don't give them a chance.

I have the rough country long arms, why would u need to drop the crossmember to get to the front ds?? i have never had an issue. Sure its a little tight but not bad.

I read somewhere that if you had a one piece crossmember and you had driveshaft or transfer case problems you have to drop the crossmember. I thought they were talking about the RC kit but I could be wrong

Sub'd to this thread... I'm in the same boat and I'm looking at the RC kit... the IRO one is interesting too. I like that the RC has full armor underneath it and heard they've improved their joints... still gathering info and feedback about them all. I wanted the TNT but $1000+ is out of my range..

I read somewhere that if you had a one piece crossmember and you had driveshaft or transfer case problems you have to drop the crossmember. I thought they were talking about the RC kit but I could be wrong
I have the RC long arm kit, it is a 1 piece cross member but so is the factory. I don't have to drop the cross member for driveline access or for t case although for the t case it just gives you more room if you do. I have had my kit for a few years now and it works great, the joints are crap but if they have changed them then hopefully they are better now.

If you have transmission or trans mount problems u have to drop the crossmember and its kind of hard to drop because the the arms connect to it, but other than that theres no reason to need to drop it. You can take the tcase out and all driveshafts off with it on.

I run the RC long arm, best suspension mod I did. I have had the drop brackets and that wasn't a problem, but the brackets do tend to get stuck on everything you drive over. And think of like this, its a couple extrea bolts to move the arms out of the way, to get the cross member out of the way, to drop or get to the tranny. If you have to get to the tranny then the arms wont matter much.

well iv read alot of stuff about the IRO critical path upgrade kit and altho i may never beat on it as much as someone else i still dont like the adjuster bracket doohiky so im leaning back to RC LA upgrade kit unless someone else knows of a better option in that price range...

ive heard good things about that kit farmerxj, pluss if u use the cherokeeforum code its 5 or 10% off( not sure if hes a naxja vendor or not)

I looked at the Serious Off Road long arm kit, the reason I went with RC is the warranty. There both great kits. So im sure either one you install you will be happy with.

I can also say that the kit was $670 shipped to my door. It installed pretty easy, and the under armor took a beating at Kingley last weekend. Everything looked great under the jeep when I crwaled under there.

I've had it about a year. And yeah, its the newest version right after they went to the better joint.

Back