• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you guys buy your metal at?

Hoooper

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to get some 2x6 3/16 rectangle tube, as well as some 1.5" 1/8 tube and some 3/16 sheet. Where do you guys get good deals on steel at? Im not afraid to work with scrap. Ive only been getting prices like $180 for a 20' stick of 2x6 3/16, ridiculous.

I use Sims in San Jose or Bormans Steel in East Palo Alto. Bormans is really clean, huge selection and I think they can shear the steel rather then torch it so it comes out nicer. Bormans is only open during the week though.

for tube i use tube service milpitas (TSM) best prices I found, and they deliver for only a few bucks

Im looking to get some 2x6 3/16 rectangle tube, as well as some 1.5" 1/8 tube and some 3/16 sheet. Where do you guys get good deals on steel at? Im not afraid to work with scrap. Ive only been getting prices like $180 for a 20' stick of 2x6 3/16, ridiculous.

Alco Iron & Metal Company
(510) 562-1107
http://www.alcometals.com
1091 Doolittle Dr, San Leandro, CA 94577

Oh, and $180 for a 20 ft stick is a good price for the bay area. I did quite a bit of calling around last summer and found these guys were by far the cheapest. Most places wanted all the money for the steel, and money to cut it down. These guys will make 2 or 3 cuts for free. Not an issue if you can transport a 20 ft stick.

Back