• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When are you ariving.....

I originally reserved 6 and my confirmation by email still says 6 but I got an email from the campground later saying 6 wasn't available asking if 4 is ok. That's totally fine I don't care where I'm at I'll just be happy to be down there for the first time and hopefully I'll able to make it a yearly thing

I've been doing it yearly since 03!

It's about 1400 miles from me but I have family in prestonsburg ky about 3 hours or less from Harlan so it will just give me a good excuse to go down and see my family more often haha

We didn't win last year either. 695 miles for me. Carmine is about 750.

When I did a MapQuest last year from the city of origin to Harlan KY, the top 4 driven were:

Ross - 888
Carmine - 720
Jason - 675
Wade - 635

Those are one way mileage numbers. Hometown to Harlan.

We had What Rd one year If memory serves me correctly he was from Colorado or out that way. And Crunch came too and I think he was from Colorado too. Crunch I think won the first xj we raffled off. 14 years of crawl memories at your disposal....

Well then I guess he has you beat too.

Actually my first estimate was off, im only going to be driving 1100 miles it looks like. So that is much much better. I was originally going to make a few different stops on the way which just added up to too many miles so I'm coming almost straight down except I'll be staying in Athens Ohio for 4 days first.

Originally we had planned on stopping in Attica, IN for Badlands off-road park. Then Toledo, OH to tour the Jeep factory. then Athens, OH to visit family. Then Prestonsburg, KY to visit more family and finally Harlan.

After realizing that it's just too much for a 10 day trip we shortened it up taking out the stops in Attica and Toledo.

Even still 2200 miles round trip is still a hell of a long trip to drive a lifted xj lol but I know shell make it

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot I had vacation scheduled off for this at work. Guess I'll be coming down somewhere from the 29th to the 5th

Edit. Just realized this in not only the 4th weekend but the one after. Guess I'll make it either way

Last edited:
Originally we had planned on stopping in Attica, IN for Badlands off-road park. Then Toledo, OH to tour the Jeep factory. then Athens, OH to visit family. Then Prestonsburg, KY to visit more family and finally Harlan.

After realizing that it's just too much for a 10 day trip we shortened it up taking out the stops in Attica and Toledo.

Even still 2200 miles round trip is still a hell of a long trip to drive a lifted xj lol but I know shell make it

They don't offer tours of the Jeep plant anyway. Good call on skipping Toledo.

Carmine and I will be hitting Adventure Offroad outside Chattanooga Friday 6-30 to Monday July3...will be arriving in Harlan Tuesday July 4.
Have the big cabin by the office reserved again.

If anyone wants to join us at Adventure let us now and we'll exchange info so we can plan when to meet. We plan to hit Lynchburg for Jack Daniels one day and then maybe roam Chattanooga another but we will for sure be wheeling there at least 2 days.

Maybe we can meet up sometime, since you are coming to visit me... I mean my hometown!
Also, I'd be glad to help out with any direction's or advice, etc...

But to answer the original post. I'll be arriving sometime on the Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I think.

Same for us!
...us being Carissa, Cody, Anthony & gf

Yes... that issue has been fixed!

Maybe we can meet up sometime, since you are coming to visit me... I mean my hometown!
Also, I'd be glad to help out with any direction's or advice, etc...

That'd be great! We'll PM Friday once we,re in town.

Back