• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin' Saturday March 16th

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'd really like a shake down run since I installed my front locker. Would anyone be interested in going on a day trip to Wooly's or Golden Mountain on March 16th?

I'd have to check my schedule, but I'd be interested. I'm taking that Monday off to replace my heater core and evaporator, then to Charlotte for the 12th and 13th, so I may be dependant on if my dash board is back together by the 16th!!

I'd be interested in Wooly's...never been there and considerably closer than Golden Mountain.

Wish I could go. I still haven't gotten any parts put on the beater yet, and it still won't go into 4wd. I'd be pretty useless :( unless somebody breaks something, I guess. I'm kinda handy for trail repairs

Lets call it at Wooly's on March 16th. I will try and get out there by 9AM.

Ok. so these next two months are gonna be pretty busy. I forgot I am celebrating Easter with my in-laws on the 16th. would anyone be up for going to woolys this Saturday coming up instead. just easy to moderate stuff so I can test out my front locker.

Sorry, I'm out this weekend. Daughter's birthday party - and my dash probably won't be reinstalled.

Im game for easy to mod stuff on the 9th, havent been there, so might be easier to meet at I-65 exit 32? somewhere like a gas station and follow you in to woolys around 830-9 ?

I'm going to have to flake out on this one. Something has come up this weekend that I need to attend. Sorry guys.

Are ya'll going on the 9th or 16th? I was planning to put in my "new" steering box this weekend (the 9th), but I'd like to go do some easy stuff down at Woolys...Ive had the itch for awhile now ;)

Okay, I'm still going to be at the TA truckstop having breakfast with my wife and brother. Heading down to Wooleys around 8 am for some light to medium wheeling. I'm bringing my gray xj with a black nose, hopefully I see some other guys there. :wave:

20130305_232026_zpsf84b72cd.jpg

Finished the lift by 11 pm. :eek:wl:

I was thinking maybe I would need a CB in the jeep, so I put everything in wondering who would show up. lol

Well My brother and myself had a good breakfast at the TA and rolled down to Woolys at 8 am. Maybe 10 vehicles in the lot including the atv's, paid for the day pass and sat around tinkering with the jeep until about 9:30 am. OK time to get dirty, need to see how well the lift was flexing.

20130309_092251_zps54e70da6.jpg

20130309_092332_zps7a2e710a.jpg

Everything seemed good so I let my brother drive and I took the camera and spotting duties, here's a few pics.

20130309_093100_zps3f15efca.jpg

IMAG0103_zps2c3e7af2.jpg

Hanging it a little out there, the rear track bar is removed but the front is connected.

Now up to this point it was pretty fair, not much mud, and traction for the little worn out tires was good. BUT, I just had to try a little harder. :rolleyes:

IMAG0106_zps0e439882.jpg

Of course I don't have rock sliders on this one yet. "Duh"

IMAG0105_zps85092aa2.jpg

As you can see I had dug in the rear diff. pretty good. Well we blocked it with rocks and I was able to turn hard left and back down enough to get out with out a pull. The day was really warm about 65 degrees I would guess everyone was down to t-shirts by the end of the day. By the final pass through the parking lot there were at least 30 tow vehicles and misc. motorcycles, jeeps, buggies, atv's, it was not crowded anywhere on the trails, did pretty much everything going down hill. Missed having anyone to wheel with but maybe next time.

Back