• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats left to do?

Picking up my front axle tonight. gearing the axles this weekend...putting the axles together next week...hopefully the following weekend installing the axles and 33's. Darnit...I hope I have it done in time!!!

I've got the wifes rear d60 almost ready to go in(ie checked the brakes and knocked all the sand/spiders out of it)...gotta get the welder good and hot to install the locker...also her 2 new 35" e-load rated truxus mt's came in today...think I'm going to try one of those inexpensive aussielockers for the front d30...it'll look funny with the wider rear axle and narrow 5 lug front but oh well...no time for a full width front, atleast she'll have it locked front and rear and 4.10's...good enough

my alternator just took a dive and I think I popped the front drive shaft cv joint trying to snatch out my friends 2500 dodge...there than that mines good enough to ride...wouldnt mind getting the steering box braces and track bar braces on both of them...

yellowxj said:
I've got the wifes rear d60 almost ready to go in(ie checked the brakes and knocked all the sand/spiders out of it)...gotta get the welder good and hot to install the locker...also her 2 new 35" e-load rated truxus mt's came in today...think I'm going to try one of those inexpensive aussielockers for the front d30...it'll look funny with the wider rear axle and narrow 5 lug front but oh well...no time for a full width front, atleast she'll have it locked front and rear and 4.10's...good enough

my alternator just took a dive and I think I popped the front drive shaft cv joint trying to snatch out my friends 2500 dodge...there than that mines good enough to ride...wouldnt mind getting the steering box braces and track bar braces on both of them...
Be carefule with that track width difference, when I went to the 9" my front acted weird and I had to get some spacers to straighten it out.

allthingsoffroad said:
somtimes the track differance can be good though... so the rear tires are bitting something differnt then the fronts

its not that its that, a drastic track width difference can mess with steering geometry sometimes

wm.php

that dodge d60 rear is almost a complete bolt in...8.25 ubolts and plates work, drive shaft is 1.5" too long, spring perches perfect...just have to weld on some shock mounts and see if the 19" dodge truck brake hose is long enough...the full width rear doesnt really seem that much wider than the front...put 16" rims on the rear...those truxus 35x12.5R16 are a load range E...the front 35x12.5R15's are a load range C...it will be neat to see if they perform any different aired down

Last edited:
Been rebuilding the jeep for the past 8months. Including a Full body swap, frame plating, new crossmember, and control arm mounts.

Left to do is rebuild some rockrails, Figure a new way to mount front and rear bumpers, fab some sort of t-case linkage. Finish wiring up some things

Hopefully get a local shakedown run in the weekend before tellico.

-Tim

Invent a time machine, go back abount a year, save money, fix cooling system, transfercase, brakes, exhust system and repair camping stuff.

BIGWOODY said:
Mount new Krawlers , put on trailer
Got some old ones you want to donate?

Hi, yellowxj, lime green Wrangler lady here....we THINK we're ready. We pressure washed the pop up and I called and made reservations at Crawfords this morning. All the small cabins are booked already so if folks need campsites they need to call right away.

Got the time off work, reservations at Crawfords, Woo Hoo! I'm there! Haven't wheeled since Janruary.
Kudzu, I heard that you're in a cabin now. What's the matter? A/C in the window of the suburban not good enough for you anymore?:jester:
mattk

mattk said:
Got the time off work, reservations at Crawfords, Woo Hoo! I'm there! Haven't wheeled since Janruary.
Kudzu, I heard that you're in a cabin now. What's the matter? A/C in the window of the suburban not good enough for you anymore?:jester:
mattk
I know but I'm not telling! Glad to see you will be there!

Got the D_44's installed. Butchered up the rear disc setup pretty bad but it's functional...just not pretty. That and the rear axle seals leak. Never ends!!

4.88's and 33's are terrific. Can't wait until they're broke in so I can get out on the hwy and see what she'll do.

No comment on mine.....

IntrepidXJ said:
Damn DJ is making me swap knuckles now......so I gotta get that taken care of this week/end
At least you dont have to put together a D44 and flat tops!

Back