• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's in the back of your Jeep?

90xj06 said:
i must be special i actually have GLOVES in the GLOVE box. hehehe

91 Jeep Project said:
So do I, it's madness. Someone lock me up

You laugh, but when a day goes south in a big way the thought of clean dry socks in the highest driest part of your heap can make things right again in a way nothing else can.
;-)

duct tape, jumper cables, coolant, a small 25 piece socket set, roll of paper towels, and a piece of wood that I use for holding the windows up when the regulators let go.

In milk crate,8x10 blue tarp 1ga.drinking water,4qt oil,2qt trans fl,1qt brake fl,1qt ps fl,2 20ftx2" rachet straps,leather gloves,latex gloves10 in baggy,formagasket,gasket material,duct tape,bottle jack,gorila glue,super glue,hand cleaner,pt,tp,spare ujoint,tie wire,zip ties,pill bottle axle grease,old readers digest,condensed books novel,2pkg inst. fire starter,space blanket.Fullsize inside mounted spare .16ft jumper cables inside wheel,comealong and bow saw fit inbetween tire and side.Under seat,full set tools in canvas bag,wd40,stock jack ,spare cps,serp. belt,plugs,old 9v cordless drill set up to run on 12v with ext cord,6 sticks 6013x3/16 wld rod in baggy,keys,12" 12Vwork light,100ft 3/8 nylon braid rope,8 ,3/8 carbinders(steel). hilift and shovel zip tied to roof rack.mag lights of all sizes everwhere,knives everywhere.Spare change of clothes,boots , coat and ins. coveralls in duffel with raingear.flask in center console.

tools vs. tow...

New additions: 24" Pry bar and Matco Power inverter.

Unless I go out wheeling I keep little to nothing in the back of my jeep. Most of the time I don't even have a spare tire and jack back there. Right now I have a pair of gloves a jacket and a hammer with zip ties that's it. I don't live far from work so if I do get a flat I can call a few friends or the GF to bring me the tire and jack. It only takes 20 min to get home so if I get a flat like I said no big deal.

Now if I'm out wheeling thats a whole different game right there and I pack alot of tools spare parts recovery items and the works.

Last edited:
Lug Wrench, Big Bottle Jack, Donut(215/70R15 on a crazy offset rim), and carpet.

Kurt04 said:
I am. I hate needing something and not having it. I think the Army does that to you. Any time I go to the field I pack tons of stuff in my ruck even knowing I won't need it.

Well, like I said... I don't wheel... and I have another (newer, high MPG) car that does all the long road trips. So the Jeep's always on-road, and almost never outside of the AAA-plus 100-mile radius from the tools!

Den

Between under the seat, behind the spare, and in the odd shaped compartment on the right (I built an elastic net so it is now usefull) I have of course the bottle jack and tire iron, cross style lug wrench, cigaret lighter aircompressor, few rags, bungie cords, 2 wratcheting tie downs, tow strap, ball adapter with 2in and 1 7/8in balls, fluids, small tool kit (probably more extensive than it should be), set of work clothes, pair of sandals, 13 LED flash light, can of fix-a-flat, jumper cables, blanket, and a jacket. I will probably never have a chance to use half this stuff. But Be Prepared from Boy Scouts kind of stuck with me.

Let's see...

In back:
- full size spare tire with strap (laid flat...not using factory tire mount...removed)
- roadside emergency kit (jumper cables, knee pad, nylon straps, bungy cords, duct tape, flash light, thermal blanket, rubber gloves, large garbage bags, hose clamp, can of truck/suv fix-a-flat)

Under the rear seat:
- jack and lug wrench
- car blanket
- energy bars
- emergency water rations
- first aid kit
- spare change

Up front:
- leatherman
- flashlight
- led light
- paper towels
- maps
- owners manual
- pen
- pad of paper
- tire pressure gauge
- emergency money

On occasion:
- Garmin GPS etrax
- portable CB
- whenever/where-ever my permit allows...firestorm 380

Can't be too careful out there...

a large duffle bag with a lumpy object in it. a shovel. and some lime.

hmm wheres my neibor???

lol

just for your info. i when and removed all the moldy french fries out of the jeep.

Understand this has been going a while...but here goes:

High lift jack, lots of tools (but not complete socket set, but universal tools like screw drivers, crescent wrenches, pliers, etc.), tire plug kit, tape (duct tape and electrical tape), spare tire (within 2" of tires on vehicle), air hose (to attach to on-board compressor), pry bar, universal 4-way lug wrench, jumper cables, quart of oil, quart of tranny fluid, gallon of anti-freeze, rope, blanket(s), tow hooks (to fit my front and rear receiver hitches), tow strap (3" x 30'), towels/rags, bungies, folding shovel, axe, about 20' of 3/16" cable and cable clamps, hose clamps, spot ties...did I miss something?

Sheesh....probably 200 lbs of stuff!

Subwoofer and a bag of tools.

86931741_274961975_0.jpeg

My quad, a cheap version of a hi-lift, extra fluids, and a set of mechanics tools so I can put the stuff that falls off back on later.

All the time....

A 5 wt. TFO fly rod, matching Ross reel, waders, boots, gravel gaurds, a case of Red Bull, a box of Clif Bars, backpack, extra clothes, several boxes of flies, sunscreen, several hats, camera, and Skoal.

There's also some basic vehicle tools back there but they get in the way of the important tools.

-river
+1, Scratch the TFO and Ross For an Orvis Power Matrix and Large Arbor

Back