• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

LOL, Power wheels. He thought it was awesome till we sat him down in it. He'd rather be outside pushing it than inside pushing a peddle. I'm undecided if this is a good thing.

Finished fixing my smashed Cherokee, it's my first time doing "bodywork" and it turned out better than I expected. It's back to being a 10-15 footer. Thanks to all who helped, it's about 98% completed. All I need is a headlight bezel and a couple little things.

Before
DSC_0818-Version2.jpg

After
DSC_0444.jpg

It's pretty simple I made the top section with 3/16 2x6 with each end cut at an angle and all the plate is 1/4in made with the angle to match each end of the subframe since i was going to cut it straight and reinforce with some 1/4 and iron. It's still not finished, I didn't like the way the winch mounted on my last Jeep and I need to add better recovery points.

DSC_1001-2009-10-24at00-04-35.jpg

Thanks man, I really like the looks of it. Gave me some ideas for my own bumper. Were you able to use a cutting wheel on a grinder or did you have to torch it to do the cuts?

-Eric

Weld repair to the 85 Cherokee clutch peddle that broke on Dec 23rd. Found a welder on Dec 24th working in his shop!!!! LOL, Ho, Ho, Ho!!!

Been working OK all week. I hope the weld, repair holds!!!

Sick with near pneumonia chest congestion crap last 2 days, just like I had for 5 weeks in April this year,

7 am rude wake up call from Daughter on New Years day to tell me the 89 overheated on the other side of town this morning. This New year already SUCKS!!!!!!! So ignors my advice and she tries to drive it home with a F**cking coolant leak and overheats it again, and kills it this time! Then she tows it to a friends, 6 miles from me, instead of my driveway!!!!! $#%@!***!!!!

KIDS!!!!!! Even at 21 they still don't listen!!!!!!

$#@*&^@#%$#*&%^@!<>(&#$%%!!!!!!

The 89 Renix was the good jeep!!!!

Last edited:

I haven't installed it yet, but finally making progress at least, OME 2in Leaf Packs and Rusty's 2in Coils are en-route! Very stoked about getting those parts in and on the Jeep.

-Eric

Does it count as mechanical if hosing the mud off my XJ freed a stone that was stuck above my control arm? Cause that's what I did.

I used my portable oxy acetelyne rig that I bought for working on my jeep to start the fire pit in my backyard Sunday night. Does that count?

Jumped mine to drive it to work. I seriously need to figure out what keeps draining the battery.

IMAG0593.jpg

IT'S ALL HERE!!! Target date is next weekend. Starting the process of spraying and soaking this weekend. Overall, the leaf eyelet areas are not all that rusted so I'm hoping for a smooth install, but prepared for the worst. Of course Battle had to check it all out and see what the excitement was all about.

-Eric

34c0d54a.jpg

i spent all day cleaning my garage, and at this point all that is left to do, is put the new washing machine in the house. and get rid of all that useless paint crap we didnt want

Back