• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to look for when buying an XJ?

Great thread. It would be even better if someone could post how you identify the type of

1. Tranny
2. T-case
3. Rear end

an XJ has just by looking at it. As in, when buying from a dealer or private party. :eeks1: :confused1

CLTSV650 said:
Great thread. It would be even better if someone could post how you identify the type of

1. Tranny
2. T-case
3. Rear end

an XJ has just by looking at it. As in, when buying from a dealer or private party. :eeks1: :confused1

Check out the FAQ forum. Lots of good info there regarding this sort of stuff.

Great write up guys, real helpful.

I hadn't really researched much before I got my XJ, but it looks like I picked a winner.

Just picked up a 99'classic w/ 80,000 for $4900(thats w/ tax, title,bs). I'm in N. Illinois so people are hunting these things down. 1 owner(cop I think), no rust , no drips, new exhaust, gonna need tires but it's an excuse to get some BFG muds. I really appreciate all the valuable information. Gonna leave er stock fer now as a dd.

Thanx,
Freezing my ass of in Il,:skull1::skull1:
Chris

Great Thread! Just broke my Jeep cherry with the purchase of a 90' limited for 500$ and it had 3/4 tank of fuel! She's got 225km's but runs and 4x4's fine. Has issues but its something i'm looking forward to learning.

Back