• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tire should I run?

Hey are those Bighorns for sale? You're in PA so not to much of a drive for the right price...:)

I believe I've narrowed it down to the Destination MTs and the Bighorns. For the price, they are both a good deal. No tire store around here sells bighorns that I am aware of.

I go to school in Cortland and have a really good friend in liverpool so I've spent my past couple of winters up there. So far I've had three different tires up in that area, BFG KM1's, Toyo Open Country Mt's and TrXus MT's. By far my favorite has been the TrXus for the winter conditions up there. I run a locker in the rear and when driven right in 2WD these will get you just about anywhere you need to go (with the correct tire pressure that is). I'm always looking to try new things but these tires were the best in the central NY weather.

Not sure if you've pulled the trigger yet, but a couple of things with a few of the tires you mentioned. 1. BFG A/T's do stink in the mud (my own experience after getting sick of the vibes of the M/T's) and not nearly as good in snow or wet offroad surfaces but dirt is fine. 2. Cooper STT's are sweet (bro in law uses them on his f/s and likes them for everything) but they are bit on the pricey side if I remember correctly. The new KM2 is supposed to be much better on the road and just a little more $$$.

Not sure if you've pulled the trigger yet, but a couple of things with a few of the tires you mentioned. 1. BFG A/T's do stink in the mud (my own experience after getting sick of the vibes of the M/T's) and not nearly as good in snow or wet offroad surfaces but dirt is fine. 2. Cooper STT's are sweet (bro in law uses them on his f/s and likes them for everything) but they are bit on the pricey side if I remember correctly. The new KM2 is supposed to be much better on the road and just a little more $$$.

Idk, apprently they suck in the rain. They are discontinuing the KM2 apparently. Hammered was talking about it. Apparenty there is a new tread pattern coming out

Few things I forgot to add...
First of all they're studdable. You can see the holes in that first shot.
They're also 3-ply and have a really thick bead.
I like to run the tougher trails right around 12-13 psi, and I street em at 28, but they perform well on the trail even at street pressure... hell, I ran a particularly rocky one today at 28 cause I didn't want to stop at a gas station to air up afterwards and they were great.
And cause they don't say BFG on em or anything like that they're a bit cheaper. Oh, and if you buy em new, Firestone has this thing they call Road Hazard or something like that... its like $25/tire, and basically if you pop it somehow they'll replace it for free. Just don't tell em if you did something out of the ordinary to it (in my case I drove over a few totaled cars and the friggin sheet metal slashed one up... told the guys I "ran over something")

Get em... they're worth it.

Just searched for a price on those tires. $247.00 a tire???? Wow!

ive heard nothing but good things about the mt/r with kevlar. n i think they look sick too

Back