• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Out of my league - need some help

Tires that big put a lot of stress on the steering box, which is factory mounted onto sheet metal. If that mounting surface hasn’t been substantially reinforced, there could very easily be significant cracking and flex going on around the box, which will make the steering wonky. So that’s something to look at, and also to post photos of.

This is what ended up killing my XJ. Would get crazy bad death wobble and really couldn't drive it any more. Yes, I could have braced it but with the other things going on decided to scrap it and move the good parts over.

Seems 99% of lifted jeeps are plagued with death wobble. Why, because jeeps have people problems

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

potatoe / potatoe; I thought he called it a brace, reminds me of a stiffener

Not to my post, but I did miss identify the Sticky Fab track bar brace as a stiffener. I do have frame stiffeners on that build. Hooligans' rears, IRO center and Ruff Stuff $90 front. Next build I am using IRO rear, Hooligan's front and center.
Other trackbar braces I have are Rubicon Express and Ironman 4X4. All of them need their manufactures trackbar bracket.

Careful guys with the information being spit out.....Sway Bars, or correctly named-
Anti-Sway Bars, are there to control roll motion, or body lean, on turns. They are nice to have for a DD, but the vehicle, if in good condition and with a front end in good condition, will operate just fine without them. Ive been doing it for years because I dont like them limiting my articulation on trails and dont want to bother with quick disconnects!
Otherwise, dude your front end, bushings, balljoints, bolt torque's....Everything, needs to be checked and/or replaced on this vehicle. Dont just concentrate on one thing, its usually multiple items! Good Luck, and PM me if you'd like!

Careful guys with the information being spit out.....Sway Bars, or correctly named-
Anti-Sway Bars, are there to control roll motion, or body lean, on turns. They are nice to have for a DD, but the vehicle, if in good condition and with a front end in good condition, will operate just fine without them. Ive been doing it for years because I dont like them limiting my articulation on trails and dont want to bother with quick disconnects!
Otherwise, dude your front end, bushings, balljoints, bolt torque's....Everything, needs to be checked and/or replaced on this vehicle. Dont just concentrate on one thing, its usually multiple items! Good Luck, and PM me if you'd like!

I had 35's on my Jeep on short arms without sway bars briefly. While I could certainly manage it, I hated driving it. A 16 year old new driver has enough things to worry about getting right without adding no sway bar to the mix.

Anti-sway bars are there for a reason, please do not advise people to engage in dangerous behavior with street driven Cherokees.

Quick disconnects solve any 4x4 trail articulation complaints, and are not a bother at all.

Or go all the way with both and get a Currie Anti-rock kit!

Back