• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

Just read equipment requirements for the 'con. Have fun and I hope to join you next year. I'll have to be content w/ Cow Mt.

You can still come to the Hermit Valley part of the event. And if your XJ isn't set up to run any trails you can ride along with someone. There is usually plenty of open seats.

Argh! Need to get these 4.56 gears in amongst a few other things. Anybody either here on the forum install? Or maybe know of somebody that can do it for a fair price in the Bay Area? South bay or Monterey preferably

Argh! Need to get these 4.56 gears in amongst a few other things. Anybody either here on the forum install? Or maybe know of somebody that can do it for a fair price in the Bay Area? South bay or Monterey preferably

Right Gear And Axle of Salinas. Best gear shop around. I'm from Monterey-Salinas area originally. What's the specs on your jeep?

Heard of right gear from guys on pirate. Talked to them on the phone price is decent but he kinda had some attitude.. Salinas is a bit of a drive but not that bad.
Anyways
Re long arms 33s aw4 tranny cooler sye yadayada
I have the gears and install kits already been saving for the labor

Time to update my to-do list which thankfully is getting shorter now.

I drove the Jeep today. First test drive after a year and a half. Now I get to tear into it again and install the hydro-assist.

I'll bet I have more to do than anyone here. That means NO EXCUSES! :greensmok

Here's my list:

(not necessarily in order)
- find disc brakes for my rear axle - done
- buy shafts, and gears - done
- have gears installed - done
- get front axle - done
- build 4-link for rear - done
- build 3-link for the front - done
- redesign my OBA system and hook up ARB's - done
- remove AC system - done
- (which then means I'll probably put in a new radiator while I'm in there) - done
- coilovers front and rear - done
- build steering and hydro-assist - in progress
- buy wheels and mount tires - done
- sheet metal work - done
- paint - have a little more to do but I can call this done
- build or buy new shifters for the Atlas - done
- new rear driveshaft - done
- hope it all works

I'm sure there's more but to top it off I want to have this done by May, not August.

hoping to have the grizzly(w/ cryo R&P) for the d30 installed, rear link setup done, rear xmember tied into front belly pan for a full belly pan, and probably a good radiator flush and an all aluminum 2 core(1" tubes) radiator. relocate tranny cooler under back seat, cut rear fenders, move rear axle back 1-2" and front axle forward 1-2" and fix the bar behind the front seats so they can move back. actually I want this all done by the reno run in May, so it should be done by SF.

LOl So i aready did all of this for the reno May run then broke it (except rear link setup) ,sold it all, and so much more since I now have a 3 link, hp44 front with ARB, and all new steering the new list:

Do some more welding on the new home made cross member and the LCA mounts/UCA mounts
dial in steering /links/caster/toe in / etc
throw in new hubs, bearings, ball joints
wire up ARB
convert rear to to 5 on 5.5(just hammering in studs into new holes really...)
sell beadlocked rims and grizzly locker

Just for Moab! You going to be done with yours soon?

I need to get over there to help out soon.

A coworker borrowed it and we repacked the bearings. Might be a good test run for your truck unless you want to run the trail all the way through. Or even if you do.

I'm shooting for a February shakedown...again. Haha. I have done very little but when I do get outside the beer always seems very cold.

Install t-case skid

Fix frontend - Holy crap did I get some death wobble coming home from work today. :wow: First time that happened since I bought the XJ (July of 1991)

Optional - build my tranny cross member and clock my t-case one more position to make it a little more level.

Hey Fella's.....

Been doin' some work to the Jeep for SF 2013.

Install Front OX Locker Diff Cover and Route Lever - DONE!

Buy New Shocks - DONE!

Install New Bilstein 5100's (woot) - Install on Saturday

Install a couple more Rock Lights - DONE

Replace Diff Fluid - DONE

Lube - DONE!

Little stuff but it's all done and I'll be ready to roll :)

Back