• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

May need to add new tranny to the list :(

yupppp. new tranny just jumped to the top of the list!!

Might as well post a June update.

Yes that means I didn't finish it in May... :rolleyes:

I'll bet I have more to do than anyone here. That means NO EXCUSES! :greensmok

Here's my list:

(not necessarily in order)
- find disc brakes for my rear axle - done
- buy shafts, and gears - done
- have gears installed - done
- get front axle - done
- build 4-link for rear - done
- build 3-link for the front - done
- redesign my OBA system and hook up ARB's
- remove AC system - done
- (which then means I'll probably put in a new radiator while I'm in there)
- coilovers front and rear - in progress
- build steering and hydro-assist - in progress
- buy wheels and mount tires - in progress (got wheels, got tires, need to put them together
- sheet metal work
- paint
- build or buy new shifters for the Atlas - done
- new rear driveshaft - done
- hope it all works

I'm sure there's more but to top it off I want to have this done by May, not August.

I made a list yesterday of 23 things that still need to be done (some of it minor). It seems that for every 3 things I complete, 2 more get added.

Might as well post a June update.

Yes that means I didn't finish it in May... :rolleyes:

I made a list yesterday of 23 things that still need to be done (some of it minor). It seems that for every 3 things I complete, 2 more get added.

You welding circles around me. I just got the belly pan on an am 95% done with stiffeners. Lol

I need to get moving....

Looks like I need a full complement of under side skid protection just for deer run cause I ain't got none. So...
T-case/Trans skid
LCA skids
Fuel cell skid
Diff protection
Misc spare parts
Oh yea most importantly, time off!

Looks like I need a full complement of under side skid protection just for deer run cause I ain't got none. So...
T-case/Trans skid
LCA skids
Fuel cell skid
Diff protection
Misc spare parts
Oh yea most importantly, time off!

Get it done. This is the best run of the year. Seriously. Don't miss this run.

Well talked to the wife! I'm in just gotta get skids so I'll be there with the Yeti all ready for deer run.

Well, I get back from deployment late july. Being that my jeep hasn't been touched for over 6 months, Unless i can get some quick help throwing some parts together from yall, I don't think i will be able to make it this year.

I had a great time with yall last year.. I plan to be way more prepared this year if i can manage to find a trailer and buy some parts.

What i need:
1. OTK steering (Planning on buying from ruffstuff)
2. front diff cover (Also ruffstuff)
3. SYE
4. gas tank skid (Used or from JCRoffroad)

For the SYE, i remember some site having a brand name SYE along with custom made drive shaft all in one order, Anyone remember where?

I hope to see our NorthWest Chapter guys out there again this year.

McLovin (I mean Travis), get that stuff done or just bring it out. And maybe bring some food, water, camping supplies, and clothes too this time. Just screwing with you...hope you make it out. And I hope I make it out too.

McLovin (I mean Travis), get that stuff done or just bring it out. And maybe bring some food, water, camping supplies, and clothes too this time. Just screwing with you...hope you make it out. And I hope I make it out too.

:roflmao:

at least a whole bottle of jameson?:wave:

Haha! At least i made a name for my self that everyone remembers.

I was just talking to TORX, And I remember some one that went with us last year had a gas tank skid with welded on leaf spring bolt on points to it. I forget exactly who it was. Maybe some one here knows who, and maybe that person still has it? I can only hope. At this point, I haven't managed to secure a trailer. Due to my living conditions, I still can't buy one just yet. If any one know's a person who's generous... or maybe someone that can't make it out, but is willing to lend a trailer for the weekend... I understand that this is very wishful thinking. But! You never know.

Re: Re: What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

Haha! At least i made a name for my self that everyone remembers.

I was just talking to TORX, And I remember some one that went with us last year had a gas tank skid with welded on leaf spring bolt on points to it. I forget exactly who it was. Maybe some one here knows who, and maybe that person still has it? I can only hope. At this point, I haven't managed to secure a trailer. Due to my living conditions, I still can't buy one just yet. If any one know's a person who's generous... or maybe someone that can't make it out, but is willing to lend a trailer for the weekend... I understand that this is very wishful thinking. But! You never know.

It was tim (knucklehead) I think he is selling it too

Re: Re: What needs to be done to you're rig before sierrafest '13?

Unless he recently had another one for sale I think I bought that from him. It's in my rig now.

That's it then. I remember him saying he had one for a while. Didn't know if he sold it or not

He sold it. I was going to buy it from him shortly after sierra fest last year, but some money issues came up. Oh well. I've been looking around, and the one from JCR seems to be the best. Mainly because it has more bolt on coverage and the price is cheaper than the lower quality brands. They all seem to be 3/16"

So. I think I'll get that along with a sye kit and be ready for this year.

Djmack I have a suggestion for a trailer for you. I am assuming your in the military just getting back from deployment. Right down the 395 on the 108 is the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center. Our MWR has a car hauler you can rent for pretty cheap. I'm not sure how far away you are from the Bridgeport CA area but it could be something worth looking into.

Back