• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs made?

Ray H said:
No. Ive got an Off Road base and its not at all what Im talking about. All the off road base does is spread the weight out so it doesnt sink. Im talking about a base that holds the bar vertical so it doesnt have a tendency to wobble or fall to side or front and back with the vehicle supported. A base with a larger footprint than the regular base (similar to the off road base) but that is braced and holds the bar tight enough that it becomes an integral part of the bar so the bar doesnt tend to tip over to the side with a load on it..

I get what you mean. if the base held the bottom three inches or so of the bar and used two pins instead of one it would be much more stable. I could also use a delrin sleeve around the bar so it is held tight and never rusts to the base.

Exactly what Im talking about. A flat base maybe 10" square and a vertical sleeve maybe 4" high (Im not sure 3" would be adequate because you would have to catch at least two seperate slots in the jack bar) with two pins through the sleeve and bar. Some corner bracing between the base and vertical sleeve for added support. If you wanted to get fancy, you could put hooks or slots through the base near the bar to hook chain or strap through for pulling, so the base would have multiple function.
Its all you now;) Git r dun;)

Last edited:
I think the center console idea would be great, I was going to make my own but if you can get a one for a decent price I woudl def take it, and make sure theres enough room for speakers on the sides of it, so I can have my tunes when the doors are off ;)

and I think some steel tube fenders would be awesome. I know it could get expensive, but if there was a way to get a system that had a bumper w/ brush guard, and then have steel fenders tie into the brush guard, then have that go down to a rock slider or something (or how some rock rails come with the tube step that sticks out a bit, tie into that, then ahve that go into a rear fender, which could go into a rear bumper... Now that could be awesome...
But really, even if it was just some way to get tube fenders. It would be nice... But I still want the full, all around system. :D

Last edited:
Detour said:
This is funny.

I got another one. There flowin like Niagra now!
How about a winch mount that ties into the frame rails and uses the factory bumper skin to cover it. You could even put shackle mounts on it.
Never mind, it would never sell.;)

Ray H said:
I got another one. There flowin like Niagra now!
How about a winch mount that ties into the frame rails and uses the factory bumper skin to cover it. You could even put shackle mounts on it.
Never mind, it would never sell.;)

Now that one I just saw on another thread :jester:
Not going to steal ideas from other small companies.

Ray H said:
Exactly what Im talking about. A flat base maybe 10" square and a vertical sleeve maybe 4" high (Im not sure 3" would be adequate because you would have to catch at least two seperate slots in the jack bar) with two pins through the sleeve and bar. Some corner bracing between the base and vertical sleeve for added support. If you wanted to get fancy, you could put hooks or slots through the base near the bar to hook chain or strap through for pulling, so the base would have multiple function.
Its all you now;) Git r dun;)

safer to hook a chain straight to the bar.

reinforced plastic/fiberglass, steel, or aluminum? Steel would be cheapest.

what about a set of wheel spacers? My fellow Canadian.

it would be convenient to have a front, upper D44 truss with both UCA mounts integrated to make those full width/HD swaps easier, from coil bucket to coil bucket, maybe even integrate the buckets also? Just a thought.

What about a toilet seat that fits into a 2" receiver so you can poo anywhere and easily discard any excrements in a bag?

Opps!
Nevermind! Someone already thought of that too!
http://www.bumperdumper.com/

Skullvarian said:
it would be convenient to have a front, upper D44 truss with both UCA mounts integrated to make those full width/HD swaps easier, from coil bucket to coil bucket, maybe even integrate the buckets also? Just a thought.
Where'd that jpg of the fishing reel go?

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/truss_d30.asp

Dana 44 version is in the works apparently.

Skullvarian said:

That actually exists too, though I can't remember right now who makes it.

themangeraaad said:
and I think some steel tube fenders would be awesome. I know it could get expensive, but if there was a way to get a system that had a bumper w/ brush guard, and then have steel fenders tie into the brush guard, then have that go down to a rock slider or something (or how some rock rails come with the tube step that sticks out a bit, tie into that, then ahve that go into a rear fender, which could go into a rear bumper... Now that could be awesome...
But really, even if it was just some way to get tube fenders. It would be nice... But I still want the full, all around system. :D

I've been thinking of something similar to this as well, but I lack fabrication equipment and skills. Like a fender flare made of small diameter tube or solid rod with a 3/16 " plate spanning the gap between it and fender. Tie it into any custom/aftermarket front or rear bumper for strength and on the rocker protection as well. I like the tube fenders they have for yj's and tj's, and was thinking of a xj version.

Chris S said:
yeah, there it is.
that is where i got the inspiration or thought or idea,or image whatever, just couldn't quite figure out what you do with the cast UCA on the pumpkin with that D30 truss. In the works huh?

how about a truss simular in design to the t&t one for the 30 but designed to adapt a full size ford d44 radius arm to the factory xj 4 link to make that swap easier. all one piece not a bucket full of small parts like the RE set uses. and it would be better if it left the radius wedges from the ford so the cast d44 parts could be used to widen the range of acceptable axles. you could even set one up that converts from the ford d44/60 with leaf springs. just and idea that I have been mulling over and will never produce.

I've been thinking of something similar to this as well, but I lack fabrication equipment and skills. Like a fender flare made of small diameter tube or solid rod with a 3/16 " plate spanning the gap between it and fender. Tie it into any custom/aftermarket front or rear bumper for strength and on the rocker protection as well. I like the tube fenders they have for yj's and tj's, and was thinking of a xj version.

Something like this? http://www.slickrockgear.com/mockedfender.html

Back