• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is with Car/Truck prices?

Renix. 4door 4x4. 5 speed. 160k.
had lift wheels and tires for it so didn't care about the stock rims and tires.
needed a steering column and the stuff mentioned before. Been on the road for a year. No issues. Would post pic but I'm on phone.

1st 90 2 door xj in 05 was $300, needed ebrake. I beat the bag out of it and was dumb and young. 2nd xj 90 2 door in 06/07 was $300. Could never get it to pass inspection (emissions at the time) was dumb and young still, turns out 2 bad cats in a row. 3rd one in 07 was a 90 2 door $600 lifted missing the header panel, some work. Still driving it (well working on it to drive it) My 4 door dd now bought last year is a 00 for $700, needed radiator, water pump and freeze plugs (and now a year later brake lines). All minimal rust when I bought em (in the rust belt). If I was stupid when I was younger I probably would have kept the first 2. I also had a 91 2 door for a DD for a bit that my mom bought for $400 which I sold when I couldn't afford 2, and I bought 2 parts jeeps for $300 which I could have fixed up 1 but ran into a title issue and the other was a rust bucket. They are out there. Also got my friend a free 99 ford explorer that needed an oil pan.

You want to know what happened to all of the affordable cars?
Cash for Clunkers!
That idiotic program took 75% of the good affordable cars out of commission.
Now junk that used to be $1000.00 is now $3000.00 because there are no, what i would call $1000.00 cars out there, they all had liquid glass run through them.
Fugging Government....

I want like hell to buy a 2000 to 2005 Ford Ranger, you can't find one for under $2000.00 and those are all junk, like 300,000 mile rust buckets.
Good ones start at $5000.00

Thank you Obama!
x2 - I just benifited this. I sold a 1999 Olds Silouette (minivan) for almost as much as I bought it for 3 years and 60K miles ago.

about 6 months ago i picked up my 2000 xj, no rust, stock with 122k on it for $1700. they are out there just a matter of finding them. in fact of my 7 jeeps i've never paid more than $1900

Back