• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is hella's Free Form Technology?

The beam pattern is determined by the reflector bowl, rather than the lense. I think theoretically it produces more lumens since the lens is completely clear instead of fluted which can diffuse some of the light. They also looks a little more "streamlined" and updated, as most vehicle headlights now have a clear lense. Is it worth the extra price? To be honest I'm not sure. I compared my FF lights to a friend's traditionals, and the looked about the same... Anyone else have experience?

I have 700ffs on mine. Makes a real nice beam pattern, but I am not sure if it is any different than a normal one. Looks better IMHO.

i bought the FF's from walmart for $45, wasn't exacly pleased with the light output so I plugged in some 100w h3 bulbs and increased the thickness of the wiring. They light the night on my KJ now, work excellent when I'm taking my trips up to Jersey on 17 from NC, i can see a good mile infront of me on some straights.

Back