• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned

I wouldn't be opposed to doing a fall run up there with the DD. Maybe make it a weekend trip and check out some of the color changing? If there are enough people maybe rent one of the small cabins for the night if we're near Harlan, or just go in for a hotel room.

Needs to be warm enough for my tires to still be sticky! :)

Let's see-

- Stump wants nothing to do with Mason Jar when it's wet.
- RC Crawlers are highly addictive and now I must acquire one.
- If I snored through the night (Like I usually do) my bunk mates won't say anything about it.
- The "road" to the top of the mountain requires 4-low.
- Ghetto trail fixes from 3 years ago will fail on Black Mountain.
- Flying a full sized flag from your CB antenna makes you feel like you're in a parade. (People waving and screaming "Hell YEAH!" from their car windows.)
- The town of Harlan has some 'special' people.
- I'll be back.

You did snore. I am surprised April hasn't smothered you with a pillow yet.

I only heard it once when I woke up at 3 AM and sat up hit my head on the bunkbeds from the show Little People Big World. Didn't bother me.

7. My wife has a new best friend, Clay. Although he might disagree.

It was instant friendship as she literally pulled him from the front to the back of the bathroom line during our stop at Evarts. Then through out the ENTIRE dinner Saturday night...lol!

Enjoyed finally meeting you and having you ride with me on Saturday. If you ever find yourself down this way again give me a shout!

I only heard it once when I woke up at 3 AM and sat up hit my head on the bunkbeds from the show Little People Big World. Didn't bother me.

LOL! For the longest time i've been trying to figure out who Stephen had in mind when he chose/built those beds. Now I know!

1. Riding with differrent groups makes the trip seem much larger!
2. Don't listen to your backseat drivers, it can cost you a tire...
3. Introducing "wheeling" to a new person can only be done properly at the Crawl!
4. I finally got to tow my jeep with my truck!
5. Opening my hatch required 3 people while on the trails... now that jeep is home and clean, it opens just fine.
6. The raffle was great! ...and you dont have to spend a lot to get some cool stuff
7. My best friends are those I wheel with! And we are always willing to help each other out.
8. Jeeps are awesome!
9. The ugly mj makes me want a beater jeep...
10. I need a trailer.

I just bought one. '90 2 door. Needs a Renix. Once I remove the tire carrier you can have the rest for a trail beater if you want it. Shoot me a PM if you want.

NATE YOU NEED THIS

Wienerbox can tow two.... I have parts for you if you get beater wheeler

Jason needs to trailer up a spare trailer with his mj next year
A little rain on the main trail makes the dust go away.
wheeling with the intermediate group can get interesting
sideways is no way to be on rail bed.
we need two crawls a year
bouncing YJ off rocks and matting the skinny pedal make ineresting sounds
Naxja folks are awesome!

I just bought one. '90 2 door. Needs a Renix. Once I remove the tire carrier you can have the rest for a trail beater if you want it. Shoot me a PM if you want.

NATE YOU NEED THIS

Wienerbox can tow two.... I have parts for you if you get beater wheeler

you guys are bad for my marriage.

You saw the ugly truck. When Nate decides to wheel it's a short steep slippery slope of destruction.

I have no self restraint.

1. Stock motor mounts just wont cut it in the rocks.
2. Should have followed Dirks Line on the opening section of can opener.
3. You can have nice weather when camping in July
4. I can now claim to have an award winning XJ trailer (good idea nate)
5. Even though the enchilada casserole is always late, it all gets eaten.
6. I can eat a drunken mallow in one bite
7. Empty plastic drums and extra dollies make an awesome 4wheeler train.
8. Nate brings the boom
9. Ed has to be the most attentive trail lead ever, (thanks btw)
10. Fireball pucker apples are awesome
11. Obamas head gets around
12. A well built teal jeep can look amazing
13. Brians old bus had a big H in the window.
14. I may want a bus someday
15. Dan's old Xj is still out there doing work.
16. Aaron is a very patient man dealing with us being late and needing to stop a lot.
17. I should have made more of an effort to talk with new ppl.
18. Somehow I can really get to like people I only get to see a few times a year.
19. Joining NAXJA and coming to an event started something great for my family
20. The SEC throws one heck of an event and I want to come back every year!

Also learned that 5 people in the same cabin can end up getting a mysterious rash at different times.

Back