• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned at the Crawl...2011 edition

1) Daughters can wheel with the best of them
2) Wives can wheel just as well
3) When wives tear the Jeep up, geting money for repairs is much easier!!
4) Pulling a pop-up camper to and from the trail with the trail rig can be done.
5) A side by side with a broke CV shaft can't climb for s*^%
6) I really hate the sound of a straight piped VW motor.
7) The Weiner Box is COOL!!
8) I like a 4 linked rear XJ.
9) An alloy shaft will break in two different spots at the same time.
10) Pot Lock dinners are awsome!!

Speaking of your daughter......Did you find the tailgate?

Speaking of your daughter......Did you find the tailgate?

No sir. It was gone when we got back from the trail. I guess Nate loaded it back up. No sweat though.

Ah hell, I bet Glenn has it. Nate sat it by the axles.

correct. unless someone else snagged it. That thing wasn't coming home with me. Better it finds life somewhere than rusting in my driveway.

If we don't find the tailgate mark, I will reimburse you for the SEC shirt. Sorry about that. Tell Jackie I tried to get her a tailgate at least!

Tailgate was by the axles. We threw it on the trailer with them. I had no clue about it.. Sorry.

1) My son's have game? :roll:
2) This group makes a bitchin pot luck.
3) Doug has soem melt in your mouth steak!
4) Dan has some killer fajita's!
5) Lions Den is much smaller then it looks!
6) Even with 42's and D60's I cannot drive for shiat!
7) Sometimes taking the jeep off the trail is a wise decision....
8) VW motor's reved to 8 grand are not cool!
9) I need more exercise!
10) Brian is cut happy.....

a few more
- all you guys have accents hahaha
- normal policy is no shirt no service. not in Harlan...
- dont place your phone on your trailer...and leave it there cause it will break.
- my GF can find a gas station

-hats off to the SEC BOD for an excellent trip!
-riding a pink RZR around must be the new cool thing to do
-BrianHo can load his "XJ" onto a bus with nearly vertical ramps
-i proved its possible to snap an Alloy stub and shaft at the same time, without killing a spicer joint
-the "Pinball" trail name makes PERFECT sense after doing it
-The Eliminator is a sexy truck...
-Fat kid on 4 wheeler powerslides in... asks, "whatcha doin'?" ..."having trouble breathing" says I.
-don't go down Bud's Bypass... EVER! pretty sketchy! thanks for that Jason
-the MWC guys are pretty cool... Shaun is crazy
-Betty got stuck between a rock and a hard place
-Black Mt. Pizza is :dunno:
-pitching 2 tents on gravel costs more than spliting a cabin with three people apparently
-Glenn doesn't let good food go to waste
-the wiener box has wiener dogs in it
- need to add "expanding foam" to my packing list, incase i ever hear a VW after dark

MELKORsXJ said:
Fat kid on 4 wheeler powerslides in... asks, "whatcha doin'?" ..."having trouble breathing" says I.

As Ed, myself, and Brian all begin to chuckle...lol.

-don't go down Bud's Bypass... EVER! pretty sketchy! thanks for that Jason

That was my first time down that and yeah it was sketchy! Lol your welcome :D

One other thing I learned....

It is one hell of a letdown not to have a trip event in the immediacy to look forward to.

It seems like I am scrolling around NAXJA without a purpose now!!! No urgency for repairs or upgrades, no budgets to make, no schedules to figure out.

I just look at my XJ sitting in the garage with a frown on her bumper becuase she knows all she gets to do now is take stuff to the recycling center and an occasional trip to Home Depot.

One other thing I learned....

It is one hell of a letdown not to have a trip event in the immediacy to look forward to.

It seems like I am scrolling around NAXJA without a purpose now!!! No urgency for repairs or upgrades, no budgets to make, no schedules to figure out.

I just look at my XJ sitting in the garage with a frown on her bumper becuase she knows all she gets to do now is take stuff to the recycling center and an occasional trip to Home Depot.

There is always the Flog!

When and where Glenn? When and where!!!

Back