• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned at the 2013 crawl...

1. The campground owners have a CJ5 with a 60/70 combo under it that they want to sell.
2. The campground owners all live on the same property.
3. Kayaking is not my thing.
4. Pat's girlfriend is cool, I hope he doesn't mess that up. :)
5. Wheeling on your birthday is way better than working.
6. Pulling a single place trailer vs the 48 ft trailer makes pulling into normal gas stations easier.
7. The F350 only gets 1.5 mpg better with a smaller trailer.
8. The cabins rocked, but I missed my trailer.
9. The Empire guys know how to break stuff.
10. Two clean rigs are now barely worth scrap price after the weekend.
11. The wife is mad that the 5.9 was wheeled...but wants dibs on the motor.
12. The mall crawler is quite capable.
13. My raffle luck was quite better than the winterfest shutout.
14. HD off road products are quite popular among NAXJA members.
15. Brian needs to bring his dad around more often.
16. Brian's dad is like Flex's dad, cooler than their kids :)
17. Drinking all day at the cabin in the rain is quite relaxing.
18. My wife was drunk twice on saturday...I told her there was no limit on how much she could drink.
19. I can make a 7 hr trip home a 9 hr trip home by just driving through Cincinnati.
20. A double bed is a lot smaller than a king size bed.

mac 'I'll think of more' gyvr

1. A TJ can in fact wheel pretty good with XJ's.
2. Kevlar MTR's do live up to the hype.
3. Macgyver leaves the keys in the golfcart:D
4. Holding on to the back of a golfcart with 2 other drunk guys may end up in you rolling on the ground.
5. Jason has a whole lot of Don't give a sht.
6. I think Justin has a little more.
7. Glazed doughnuts=good, gravel doughnuts = bad

1) Wheeling in harlan is badass (first timer at Harlan)
2) There are some big ass squirrels...I mean bears lurking around.
3) Watching Nick drive JERRY through upper rock garden and then coming so close to taking can opener was just as much fun as wheeling my own rig.
4) A front axle shaft can break at one end, bend in the middle, break at the other end, AND break the stub shaft and joint...all at the same exact moment.
5) I want to put a 4BT in my wife's scout so bad I can taste it (that scout was NICE!!)
6) There is such a thing as owl snot...that couldn't have been mud.
7) There is life after Tellico (may it RIP)
8) When my wife asks me to bring the kid's 4 wheelers...do it...or she will buy another one.
9) People rubber neck on the highway on Sundays 5 times a sbad as they do any other day.
10) ABS is NOT always.

- Butter biscuits are f***ing amazing
- A busted shock can pinch off your brake line. Beware the downhill!
- Rock crawling is a blast even on a 3 inch lift
- I need some damn lockers
- Dan's rig is a tractor in disguise
- Headlights are more fragile than you'd think. It was a little tree!
- Thou shalt not attempt to attach fender flares with liquid cement
- Duratrac Wranglers are awesome for ATs
- About 500 things I want to do to my jeep now...
- You really CAN win the raffle on just one ticket

Thanks to everyone for a great event. Never really had the chance to 'wheel much before this. I spent days slapping together the lift and tires just for the Crawl, and with such a welcoming crowd I have to say I'm hooked. You can be sure this won't be my last NAXJA event. Hope to see yall soon!

- Butter biscuits are f***ing amazing
- A busted shock can pinch off your brake line. Beware the downhill!
- Rock crawling is a blast even on a 3 inch lift
- I need some damn lockers
- Dan's rig is a tractor in disguise
- Headlights are more fragile than you'd think. It was a little tree!
- Thou shalt not attempt to attach fender flares with liquid cement
- Duratrac Wranglers are awesome for ATs
- About 500 things I want to do to my jeep now...
- You really CAN win the raffle on just one ticket

Thanks to everyone for a great event. Never really had the chance to 'wheel much before this. I spent days slapping together the lift and tires just for the Crawl, and with such a welcoming crowd I have to say I'm hooked. You can be sure this won't be my last NAXJA event. Hope to see yall soon!

It was great meeting you dude. That little jeep kept right up with us on Friday! I agree about the lockers....best thing ever!

It was great meeting you dude. That little jeep kept right up with us on Friday! I agree about the lockers....best thing ever!

And kept right up with us on Saturday too in all the slop. I was very impressed!

1. Harlan is a LONG 700 mile drive but well worth it.
2.the wifes a great copilot especialy on her first time out.
3. LWB MJ's make stuff look easy and serve well as a bridge.
4. A 4cyl 5spd YJ can and will take more hell than you think.
5. that carnage award should have been welded to jerrys roof!
6 There needs to be a group in between intermediate and extreme and nick can be the permenant trail leader
7 can opener is badass .

Last edited:
1. The people who make it to the Crawl have the best attitudes despite what mother nature throws at them.
2. Stump can cook at any event he wants to: the monkey bread, peach cobbler, and sausage and biscuits were Da Bomb!
3. Molly is the reigning bacon queen.
4. Trusting me as a trail leader can be dangerous but you will cover some ground.
5. Melkors rig might as well be a tractor...it can go anywhere he wants it to go and do it well
6. Ice cream and potty breaks went over well at the Evarts store.
7. Despite the rain the temps and occasional breeze was quite nice.
8. I need to fix my defroster.
9. MacGuyver can flex a golf cart like nobody's business.
10. Thirty-One stuff at a 4x4 raffle was a new one.
11. My kids love wheeling so much they constantly fall asleep.....or fight with each other.

I somehow managed to miss both the monkey bread and the sausage & biscuits....not sure how I managed that.

Damn sure didn't miss the cobbler though! Next year we need to get cobbler Chris down again and have a cobbler cook-off!

1. I need a front spare shaft.
2. I need trepadors.
3. I need more motor.
4. The area has some neat shops and museums.
5. 4 seats in a 4.0L jeep with 4 large people limits capability.
6. My kids need a jeep to wheel.
7. Rain or shine the Crawl will go on and the people there are the best to wheel with hands down!

:party:

I learned that it is more fun to be at the crawl than watch it on videos and pictures on NAXJA and Facebook.

That's for darned sure! I hate only being able to watch it on video now rather than still being there. I have to look at the pics and vid every few hours or I get the shakes! LOL

I somehow managed to miss both the monkey bread and the sausage & biscuits....not sure how I managed that.

Damn sure didn't miss the cobbler though! Next year we need to get cobbler Chris down again and have a cobbler cook-off!

Because you didn't get your butt out of bed!

1. NAXJA people are resilient and keep wheeling no matter what the weather.
2. Kentucky USFS sucks at their problem wildlife management
3. Even the most simple cot is horribly complicated after midnight and x number of drinks
4. Florida and Virginia and Ohio people can all wheel in one place together and feel like they have been doing it for years.
5. Rain makes Harlan very difficult.
6. Wheelbase can make obstacles a breeze or a pita
7. An XJ can rotate from tires to roof in less than the distance between the two
8. The exit out of Rail Bed is difficult to hike up and down. Better to take it in one leap.
9. Spud launchers keep getting more impressive.
10. You can indeed get up on Can Opener with true measured 32s.
11. A beater Jeep is a whole lot of fun.
12. Cabins are for sure the way to go.
13. R/c rigs are cool.
14. I can still meet new people and make new friends every year of the Crawl.
15. The Crawl is an absolute blast even without a rig.

16. 14b beats out the 8.8 for boat anchor status.
17. Diamon Dave is still in Harlan.
18. Bears make extremely good grill cleaners. Minus the whole destroying the grill leg thing.

16. 14b beats out the 8.8 for boat anchor status.

The 14B lip will be shaved as soon as I get out there with a grinder!

And ditto on the different folks from different areas wheeling together as well as ditto on the friendships!

You gotta bring your rig next year so it can go up can opener!

18. Bears make extremely good grill cleaners. Minus the whole destroying the grill leg thing.

That grill can't be killed! Hell of a nice bear for cleaning my grill out for me. Best $20 grill ever.

That grill can't be killed! Hell of a nice bear for cleaning my grill out for me. Best $20 grill ever.

He gave it one hell of a hit!
6uhumase.jpg

Back