• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What have I done!!!!!!!

well I'm excited!!!

79 Wag = Dual 44's. If it's auto it's Quadratrac, if it's manual it's a Dana20.

I can't wait to see what you end up with. You will need to shorten the frame and reenforce the body.

Sounds killer. Nay sayyers suck.

Cool project, but may I make a suggestion?

Host your pics somewhere else besides Yahoo... like Imagestation. Yahoo blows for pic hosting.

any word on this project?

daytripper said:
Well I am cutting the unibody "frame" off today, and gonna have to shorten the frame of the FSJ a bit. THe front axle appears to be a d44( it is considerably larger than than a d35). The front axle has manual locking hubs. The engine is an amc 327 with a Torqueflight 727 tranny. Still trying figure out the model of xfer case. I think that with the unibody "frame" gone it shouldn't look goofy. I also can vouch(at least my back can) that the FSJ body is considerably heavier than the XJ body. I am at the point of no return now! I should also note that this is not a daily driver by any means. At least I am keeping it in the family(Wagoneerokee), come awn an XJ on a bronco.......

What engine and what year?

Jeep did use the AMC 327 for a few years, but that engine went away in the mid-60s. A 1979 Wagoneer should have an AMC 360 -- that's what was in my '78. Look on the sides of the block -- the displacement is cast right onto the sides.

Back