• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have left to do/fix before Co Fest

Nope. The cotter pin was sheared off. The hole in the spindle was still plugged with the pin remnants. What seemed to me to be good bearings obviously were not.

Given what bearing sets cost..... I'm now of the opinion that if I'm gonna remove 'em to pack 'em..... I should just replace 'em.

I am kinda regretting that I didn't have the funds at the time to buy/replace both axles with the better design with the grease zerk in the spindle tip so they can be greased without removing 'em.......

Got me some adjusted brakes, and checked my u-bolts while I was at it. One broke at 80 ft-lbs. :eek: O'reilly's has nice ones for the D-44. Got rid of a squeak. :)

every thing but the trailer is done
have it up on jack stands and found the cause of my bolt in the drum noise
two of the bolts holding the backing plate to the axle had loosened up and fell out
luckily no damage to the backing plate drum or shoes
so bearings and seals tomorrow and we should be back in business

got my axle side control arm replaced last night at the shop. My new ballistic bushing came in today. Will do those Saturday. Need to fix the battery tray. And last TRY to finish the B pillar of my cage. No biggie if I dont. Almost ready!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of dropping my tcase and replacing the rear tranny seal if I can find somebody to help. Normally I would do this alone but I had a wrenching accident and am going in for surgery in a couple of weeks, so no heavy lifting. I can get everything pulled and ready. From that point it should be no more than an hours work.

I'm free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Well, damn, Tom, if nobody close can help, I'll make the trip.

I filled the gas tank on the jeep today, and did some packing while cleaning the house. Small steps, but closer. :)

what day are you coming flores? i am excited. I gotta get a nut on the passanger front shock, oil change, top off radiator, and fix my doors. I think it should be done tomorrow!

Got the 4" Big Offroad Springs installed, so now I have bad vibes, and my dash lights don't work. I think it's just a fuse, but I keep forgetting to check in the daylight. I also have twice as many creaks in the back as I did. I'm about 1/2 packed.

My rear springs came off easily, since I used anti-seize when I installed them. The shackle bolt on one of the Big Offroad springs seized. Had to cut the bolt press out the bushing and go find a new one. Then we couldn't get one of the front bolts to line up. Turned out there was some welding slag in the leaf pocket from when we had to fix the weld nut in the frame rail from the first install.

We got her today, I had some shims in the shed and centering pins. Those had to be the most rusted together leaf springs I've seen. Now that they've been beat on with a hammer to get the old pins out, which involved seperating every leaf, they don't ride too bad. :)

Still haven't checked the fuses, and I'm not done packing. Pretty close to on track for the 12 o'clock meet time, but not there yet.

Back