• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have left to do/fix before Co Fest

I need to add: track down cause of creaking and popping when steering is cycled at the limits. Just noticed it a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be getting worse.

Thats the sound of your Willy's begging you to leave it in my tender care. :D

I need to add: track down cause of creaking and popping when steering is cycled at the limits. Just noticed it a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be getting worse.

again???

That was the kids. I found some play in the trackbar, hopefully that's it.

One thing done, :roll:

Tune-up(I think it's been a few years)

Another one bites the dust, along with an oil change, and fixed the front diff breather. Got a whole bunch of stuff checked and tightened. Gave myself a little more negative castor. Drives decent.

Fluids, check, change as needed.
Done
Fix dash.
Done
Fix rear wiper.
Done.

Frank, it looks like I need to stop by your place soon.

Track bar is all fubar, but i agree anyways.
Trying to find a tracbar quick. Think i can make my spring creek at 8am? NOT

ya its all finished up
ill probably remount it after cofest when i get my new heims

highway speeds are fun. probably would help if i had a sway bar. drove it 165 miles yesterday and i love the intown feel, reminds me of driving my DD on 31's
im a little afraid im going to break stuff off road
i went and played with in in some construction stuff and it turns so amazingly easy in 4lo locked its amazing...
IDK if its the box i got from tom that has a different ratio but it seams "harder" to turn maybe thats a bad word. has more resistance but its even across the board now whether its on the highway in the drive way or in the rocks....same effort to turn it period

Replace my control arm bushings now. Replace driver control arm mount on axle side. Finish a few welds on my cage. And figure out a new battey box lol

Got the roof top tent mounted the way I wanted it.

023.jpg

If the mounting rails were 2" higher it would be much better, but since my projects evolve as they progress, rather than on a set design, they aren't. :)

ball joints and a front shock are done on the tow rig
still have a shock to replace :( stupid emergency service calls...
got the CB all mounted up in the jeep and have a new armored cross member to stuff under the tranny

after that stereo if i have time and check the wheel bearings on the trailer so i dont end up like troy :)

after that stereo if i have time and check the wheel bearings on the trailer so i dont end up like troy :)

Yeah, well that's what really sucked about that...... I had checked and grease packed all the bearings before that trip.... and it STILL happened.

Back