• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your favorite wipers for the XJ?

x 3 on the silblades... they are a little pricey.. I've had some on my 06 f-150 since the day i bought it new.. and they still are like brand new! You can generally always find a decent deal on ebay.. and if your looking for a water repellant to use with them theyh have their own.. it's called SilBead. 3 times better the rain-x imo.

Bosch Icons and a coat of Rainx is a combination that I found success with. I'll probably stick with it too. I had cheaper Bosch blades that just fell apart on me, so I decided to upgrade, and I haven't regretted the decision.

I've got some basic crappy ones on the Jeep that only start working well after around 5-10 minutes of steady rain. I have the Icons on my Mustang and I'll never get any other blades on a nice car. They work amazingly.

I like a 16" blade over the 18". I think they last longer, but I could be wrong. Does not rain too often here.

Is 18" the stock size? You may be on to something. Smaller blade means more pressure from the spring her square inch of contact. But that would make them wipe better not last longer

Is 18" the stock size? You may be on to something. Smaller blade means more pressure from the spring her square inch of contact. But that would make them wipe better not last longer

Yes 18" is the stock size. I never liked them hanging off the side of the windshield when they were not being used. 16" work as good or better than the 18". I have 15" now that I hate, they are not long enough and end up leaving water in the middle of the windshield.

Tire Rack has buy one get one free for the Valeo wipers. I've had a set on my Audi for 4 years now, and they just now need replacing. I'm ordering a new sets for the XJ and the Audi.

Define longer, my graphites were on there for at least 3 years when I sold it. Still going strong.

6 years.

A two page thread about wipers.. wow.. in mod tech no less.

Back