• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

So my jeep's serpentine belt will not stop squealing/chirping. I replaced the tensioner three times, idler pulley once, alternator twice, and the belt 5 times. Every new belt I put on it, it is silent for a day or two and then bam back to noisy. I just put an ac delete belt on it and it was silent but then came back two days later again. Noise sounds like it is from the driver side by the power steering pump but it spins smooth and the bracket is in good condition. It is either the power steering pump, water pump or the crank pully/ harmonic balancer somehow are bad and squeaking or out of alignment. The person who guesses properly wins a prize. Note: recently rebuilt only 1600 miles on the water pump.

So my jeep's serpentine belt will not stop squealing/chirping. I replaced the tensioner three times, idler pulley once, alternator twice, and the belt 5 times. Every new belt I put on it, it is silent for a day or two and then bam back to noisy. I just put an ac delete belt on it and it was silent but then came back two days later again. Noise sounds like it is from the driver side by the power steering pump but it spins smooth and the bracket is in good condition. It is either the power steering pump, water pump or the crank pully/ harmonic balancer somehow are bad and squeaking or out of alignment. The person who guesses properly wins a prize. Note: recently rebuilt only 1600 miles on the water pump.

I've had the same issue. For me it was the fan pulley bearing.

I had a similar problem and it was due to the PS pulley getting polished smooth. I took it off and sand blasted it. No noise for a year now. If you can stop by we can blast it with only pulling the belt.

slow fluid leak somewheres that is slowly fouling every replacement belt?

Well I had to put my build on hold after some work problems and having to leave my shop. My new job has different ours and more money which is a plus. I had to put the jeep up at a family friends house where he has a huge shop. Progress will be slow and is going to take awhile. Hope to have it done wheeling season 18.

Chad, what shop are you at now? Any drama you can share about the shop you left?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Someone said Super Swampers sucked and the Mtr was the shit ...those do not look to be GoodYears...???...If those are 1-tons you need 42s to be up to date 40s on tons was 2010 .

There just mock up tires I got for nothing. There actually bald and have cord showing lol. Can't really use them. Have yet to decide if I'm going to run MTR or krawlers. I want 42s but rig is not built for them.

Chad, what shop are you at now? Any drama you can share about the shop you left?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Not at any shops now. Got a full time welding/fabricating gig so it worked out. I'm legally bound by contract to not bash said shop. After the legal problem and battle we had I'm not allowed to discuss anything. I can though, not recommend to ever go there, or do business because of the things that happen behind closed doors.

Lol yes I know, but when you have a legal contract signed between the two of you because of what happened and lawyers were involved it's best to fallow it.

So she's out of the garage. Still no rear driveline so just in fwd as it is with drag link ratchet strapped in place. But she rolls under her own power and turned around to nose in the garage. Tape is for playing with cut on fenders.
Deadline is blown out of the water. Work picked back up a little bit so hoping to get hopping back on it.
image_zps0a4vctaf.jpeg

image_zpsuqsrrzyv.jpeg

The jeep is looking awesome mike, but i hate the cut line you have taped out on the fenders. All those curves dont really match the boxiness of an XJ, I think straight lines with radiused corners looks alot cleaner

26577009614_d5a62c88cf.jpg

13173805824_d94790b42e.jpg

Oh lol the tape was run based off measuring from the tire lock to lock to see where it would come up to. Using blue tape to pick the line, this tape is just where I HAVE to remove.
I agree through. Boxy is good.

So she's out of the garage. Still no rear driveline so just in fwd as it is with drag link ratchet strapped in place. But she rolls under her own power and turned around to nose in the garage. Tape is for playing with cut on fenders.
Deadline is blown out of the water. Work picked back up a little bit so hoping to get hopping back on it.
image_zps0a4vctaf.jpeg

image_zpsuqsrrzyv.jpeg

You going to keep this one Mike?

Had bills englewood driveline build my rear shaft for the jeep. They really are ahead of the game for customer service. They knew I work the hours they are open, and that ash was going to be dropping it off and picking it up. They set a timeline for it to be done by, and ash wasn't able to pick it up because it wasn't completed yet. A simple missed deadline. Still way faster than anyone else.
Yet the offered to make it right by delivering the shaft to me. No charge. No hassle. Nothing. On their own accord. Very very positive feedback from myself to those guys. Was really awesome for a first time customer.

Had bills englewood driveline build my rear shaft for the jeep. They really are ahead of the game for customer service. They knew I work the hours they are open, and that ash was going to be dropping it off and picking it up. They set a timeline for it to be done by, and ash wasn't able to pick it up because it wasn't completed yet. A simple missed deadline. Still way faster than anyone else.
Yet the offered to make it right by delivering the shaft to me. No charge. No hassle. Nothing. On their own accord. Very very positive feedback from myself to those guys. Was really awesome for a first time customer.

They sound like stand up guys. I will put them in my book for the next shaft I need.

Back