• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

I'm in Loveland. I have a long frame floor jack and a transmission adapter.

I have one Matt. Swing by after work. I should be home around 5:30pm.

Productive evening...

Put a new console latch on (the catch had broken off) it didn't line up right although it looked just like the original so I filed the spot where it hooks to on the console until it would latch.

Swapped out a valve cover vent that was cracked.

Installed K&N air filter...when did they start including that tube of grease? I don't remember ever seeing that before...

Used a pumice stone to pull up most of the Pug hair & vaccumed it out, cleaned all the plastics up.

Flushed cooling system

Installed new serpentine belt

Planning to get the front speakers working and repair whatever other wires are cracked in that loom between door & body.

CD player isn't working so I had to kick it old school....:viking:

1400188589362.jpg 1400188553389.jpg

I've been trying(note the verb) to modify the MOPAR tire carrier(90-96) that came with my 90 to work with my Tomken rear bumper. What I started with:

Where I am now:

While I've gotten semi-competent with my 90 amp HF flux welder, I will need some help attaching the 2" tube bearing holder to the carrier, and welding the 1.5" axle shaft to the bumper holder that I'm still working on.

Drove the MJ for really the first time tonight. Thing wobbles like mad, hopefully it's just the tires not being balanced/worn out. Now I need to find some tires for it. Anyone have any 33's or 35's laying around?

Drove the MJ for really the first time tonight. Thing wobbles like mad, hopefully it's just the tires not being balanced/worn out. Now I need to find some tires for it. Anyone have any 33's or 35's laying around?

Told you.........

Needs an alignment BAD.

Needs tires BAD.

Tires on it - not balanced.

What'd you expect???? :twak:

:D

Latest project completed; mount my 37 in my cargo area using pipe from the hardware store. Seeing out the back is highly overrated!
20140522_125814_zpsd952bd6c.jpg

Got the flairs and bumper caps removed as well as the front & rear wheel wells trimmed (but still need to do the cut-n-fold on the lower rear quarters).
One step closer to the big build. :cool:

Sisters rig is getting the 'new' motor put in her 99 today. I'm not doing it. But it's getting done lol.

Back