• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what all fiberglass fenders are there

If you are looking for durability on the rocks or trails then fiberglass is deffinatly no the way tol go because the rears are 200 each and the fronts arnt much cheaper

You are better off just trimming the fender then trying to roll it out for a little extra coverage. Will save you some bucks and you wont be so hurt in the wallet if a tree decides to bite you.

I wanted to dzus mine on but since mine is my daily driver I had to have to water tight so that meant I couldnt use dzus

Fwiw I was planning someday to do the rear fiberglass with the dzus 1/4 turn fasteners so when I wheel they can come off and stay in the garage. http://www.racebolts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=723

The only problem with that is when you remove your fenders, the fastener mounts are exposed, and you know damn well that the first tree or rock you see is going to come lookin' for that mount.
Gone in less than 60 seconds!

Ask me how I know.

:D

I wanted to dzus mine on but since mine is my daily driver I had to have to water tight so that meant I couldn't use dzus

You still can use fasteners. You just need to think about how to install them.
Look carefully on how you need them to seal.
In your case, the rear fibreglass would only be for looks. You couldn't cut up the body to use the extra clearance for more wheel travel.
But....
You wouldn't be the only person out there doing work on your rig strictly for looks. Most of the cool paint jobs we put on our rigs don't really survive too long.

I have the whole quarter panel hacked out...its not don e to just look good. I just havent gotten far enough into the build to do anything extreme with it because Im on a very tight budget.

You still can use fasteners. You just need to think about how to install them.
Look carefully on how you need them to seal.
In your case, the rear fibreglass would only be for looks. You couldn't cut up the body to use the extra clearance for more wheel travel.
But....
You wouldn't be the only person out there doing work on your rig strictly for looks. Most of the cool paint jobs we put on our rigs don't really survive too long.

I have the whole quarter panel hacked out...its not don e to just look good. I just havent gotten far enough into the build to do anything extreme with it because Im on a very tight budget.

If you took the interior panel out you can still seal it up regardless of how the fender is mounted........right? That is to say that when you build a new interior panel, you can make sure its sealed well.

Ok yeah I see what you are saying...I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah your right. But it will be a couple of years (I hope) before these bedsides need replacing, at that time I will most likely dzus them on

If you took the interior panel out you can still seal it up regardless of how the fender is mounted........right? That is to say that when you build a new interior panel, you can make sure its sealed well.

Back