• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what all fiberglass fenders are there

I sent an e-mail to Glassworks recently to see if they had ever/could make rear fenders/bedsides to match their front fenders for the XJ/MJ. Soon after, I heard back from Tim Gerwatosky,president,that they could and would consider making them if 5 or more peaple were interested.Their website, www.glassworksunlimited.com ,has pics of the fronts,the E-mail is [email protected] .I have heard several peaple mention they are looking for an alternitive to the flattop style. So if anyone is thinkin' about them ,or knows someone who is send them an e-mail,:cheers:

Id consider some rears to match my fronts if the price was right and the doors were still functional. But I would have to see how it looks before I commit to anything...

Im all in if it looks like that, and if it kinda folded under itself in the wheel well you could bolt it in on the stock flare mounting holes on the body with rubber washers or something just do you wouldnt have to clean it out everytime you went and had a good time.

Im running hannemann flattops on all 4 corners and I couldnt be happier with the way it looks. Now I just have to get the rest of the stuff done to it that it needs. It gets alot of awkward looks though because it isnt every day that you see a Prerunner driving around in Indiana

POLYPERFORMANCE.COM

Dude, nice screen name (see my avatar) :)
I'll have to look you up next time I visit my sister in Sellersburg

Hell yea, I seen the plate earlier when I was looking through these forums, I didnt noticed we got a prerunner section until earlier today! Thanks naxja! If anyone else is interested I talked to McNeil Racing today and we talked about hood designs for Jeepspeed and we decided on a raised cowl with louvers on the sides, just like their Grand Cherokee hood but for the Cherokee. heres the Grand hood, http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/Jeep/GrandCherokee/1993-1998/index.htm, I get #1 but after that they are fair game, production is expected in around a month.

Last edited:
Those rears look good, I wish they made them for the XJ like that but a little more boxier look to match the hannman fronts.

I talked to McNeil Racing today and we talked about hood designs for Jeepspeed and we decided on a raised cowl with louvers on the sides, just like their Grand Cherokee hood but for the Cherokee. heres the Grand hood, http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/Jeep/GrandCherokee/1993-1998/index.htm, I get #1 but after that they are fair game, production is expected in around a month.
just FYI but jeepspeed 1700 does not allow cowl hoods and has strict limitations on how much material(rule is a total area)you can legally remove from the hood for cooling(i.e: vents etc.). Sounds cool though, look forward to seeing some installed!

4.1.1.12 Hood must be positioned in stock location, and nothing may protrude through it. Holes may be cut through the hood for increased cooling, but must not exceed a total of 36 square inches. Hood may be re-formed for additional engine bay clearance, but hood scoops and cowl induction are not permitted.

Last edited:
they make fiberglass bedsides, check rusty's offroad

Hannemannfiberglass.com is where I purchase my glass from...McNeil Racing has talked with the tech offical for Jeepspeed and he said that as long as its not a functional cowl or scoop it would be just fine and that louvers are fine as long as the rest of the racers are ok with them being there, if they disagree with the louvers then all that would have to be done is covering them up and it would pass

Im running hannemann flattops on all 4 corners and I couldnt be happier with the way it looks. Now I just have to get the rest of the stuff done to it that it needs. It gets alot of awkward looks though because it isnt every day that you see a Prerunner driving around in Indiana

Are you running the fenders for the MJ or ZJ? Looking for something to slap in the rear of the heep.

Are you running the fenders for the MJ or ZJ? Looking for something to slap in the rear of the heep.

They are the MJ bedsides, but they are pre notched for XJ B & C pillars also. I went alot further with my install than most do. I actually cut the stock bedside off and cut out the stock wheel tub and a good chuck of the floor and made my own wheel tubs 4' long, 2' tall and 16" wide.
PICT0026.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

But there are alot easier ways of doing it.

Last edited:
Anyone ever run a set of rustys fiberglass fenders up front? How was the fit? I do a lot of rock climbing as well as go fast stuff, I dont know to get some bushwacker flares or just through on some fiberglass fenders?

I had a set of Bushwackers on, Well, still kinda do, only on the rear. I ripped the front ones off to many times on tree's and/or rocks. They look good but arent very durable.

Back