• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

well

Looks good Remi,

Don't see 4x4 stickers on it. Does that mean that your first modification is front recovery so guy's can take turns towing ya around the trails.

:D

pottenger said:
Looks good Remi,

Don't see 4x4 stickers on it. Does that mean that your first modification is front recovery so guy's can take turns towing ya around the trails.

And here I was thinking about removing my 4x4 stickers. Does the front diff really become useless without them?

pottenger said:
Looks good Remi,

LOL... There are 4x4 stickers on the rear beneath the window, just hard to see with the reflection. Also, you can see the front axle in the first pic...

:peace:

Hey Remi I've got picts. of the XJs first trip out after the lift.
They're back from when Mike had it.... early this year....

Curt

very clean jeep. I'd love to own that as a daily driver.

pottenger said:
Looks good Remi,

I didn't notice it didn't have 4x4 stickers, but I did notice a front diff on the first picture :D.

Remi,

Are you getting married or something?
Are you going through some sort of mid life or personal status crisis?

You are a .50 cal, hurculiner, bashed to hell, more spares than an autozone guy. Your are on the verge of loosing your hard earned national reputation here. You need to get rid of this thing, "paint" it or take it up Lower Doran before you go schizo/postal. This is definately not you.

John

nosigma said:
Remi,

Not that I knwo of :D
I hope this is not mid life :D
You are a .50 cal, hurculiner, bashed to hell, more spares than an autozone guy.
Still am :D
Your are on the verge of loosing your hard earned national reputation here.
Wait till I'm done with it :D
You need to get rid of this thing, "paint" it or take it up Lower Doran before you go schizo/postal.
Well, I'm looking to already put together a separate tool box just for this vehicle :D I can't have a vehicle without tools and spares ;) Oh yeah, I got alreayd my rock rails all planned out with a tie into frame rail protection which will be a basis for a cage down the road :D Also I have a feelin the hood might get painted soon ;) and what else.... oh yeah some air intake mods are on order and some custom work inside (top secret project for now :) ).
Add to that 4.11's with a locked read and a D44 and I also know where I can get bedliner matched to a particular color :)
This is definately not you.
You sure about that? :D Btw, how's the east coast treating you and what trouble did the little snake chaser get into this year? :D

I am relieved after hearing your plans. People who are fixtures in wheeling lore shouldn't just fade away which is what I feared when I saw the new XJ. FYI I heard Pontiac is having a clearance sale on Firebird Hood Decals. PM me with the top secret snorkelator/snozzle plans. I take water over hood on a regular basis now, the firewall intake isnt cutting it anymore and trees are hell on snorkels around here.

The east coast is OK. I hate mud. I found rocks, lots of big rocks at Crozet and my rig is really messed up. Doors dont close, hatch is cracked, frame twisted, all the normal "end of the line" stuff. I am the local clubs "trail wrench" who has a fix or spare for almost anything (I was well trained). I now listen to country music and wheel with the Pennsyltuckians. No thats not a sun burn.

The snake and lizard chaser has discovered trilobites, fossil sharks teeth and whale bones. The rocks are really old here. Latest project was cleaning, bleaching and reassembling a black snake skeleton (hundreds of vertebrae).

John

nosigma said:
I am relieved after hearing your plans. People who are fixtures in wheeling lore shouldn't just fade away which is what I feared when I saw the new XJ. FYI I heard Pontiac is having a clearance sale on Firebird Hood Decals. PM me with the top secret snorkelator/snozzle plans. I take water over hood on a regular basis now, the firewall intake isnt cutting it anymore and trees are hell on snorkels around here.
The top secret project is not really going to be for water fording.. well, I need to rething it cause I might be able to modify it for that but in the snorkel department look here: http://kejtar.com/XJ/tech/snorkel/ All I think it cost me is about $100 in parts to make it.
The east coast is OK. I hate mud. I found rocks, lots of big rocks at Crozet and my rig is really messed up. Doors dont close, hatch is cracked, frame twisted, all the normal "end of the line" stuff. I am the local clubs "trail wrench" who has a fix or spare for almost anything (I was well trained). I now listen to country music and wheel with the Pennsyltuckians. No thats not a sun burn.
LOL... do you carry spare engine mounts? :D
The snake and lizard chaser has discovered trilobites, fossil sharks teeth and whale bones. The rocks are really old here. Latest project was cleaning, bleaching and reassembling a black snake skeleton (hundreds of vertebrae).

John
Cool.. sounds like some healthy hobbies :D

nosigma said:
Remi,

You are a .50 cal, hurculiner, bashed to hell, more spares than an autozone guy. Your are on the verge of loosing your hard earned national reputation here. You need to get rid of this thing, "paint" it or take it up Lower Doran before you go schizo/postal. This is definately not you.

John

Yeah, I saw the rig, then I saw pics of him with a hair cut and his beard shaved at the party. I was telling Cal, the next thing you know he'll be trading in the bucket of herculiner for a tub of turtle wax.

mikedashg said:
Yeah, I saw the rig, then I saw pics of him with a hair cut and his beard shaved at the party. I was telling Cal, the next thing you know he'll be trading in the bucket of herculiner for a tub of turtle wax.
ummm ok, don't know if I should admit it... but the green rig got waxed. I really didn't want the wax, it just needed cleaning up inside and I asked what will it cost me. They insisted on waxing it on the outside along with everything else... so I finally gave in. But inside it's nice and clean :D (you should have seen what it looked like when I picked it up! eeeeek)

Back