• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, well,.. Look what followed me home!

No race report. Anybody on NAXJA that keeps track of/participates in NORRA keeps real quiet about it.

The NORRA Mexican 1000( http://www.norra.com/ ) is a stage rally, not an all-out desert race. the time slip for the '10 race is pasted to the hood on the truck, but I don't know how to read/make sense of it. I'll have to grab a pic before I peel it off.

I dont think we will be out of Iraq untill Mid December, then de-mob, so end of January before i see the house again, but we could do parker if my house is ok....

Originally Posted by Jeepspeedchief
How about running with Jeepspeed.

As for jeepspeed ,that is where i wanted to run the comanche, so i bought it, built it, and attemped to race it, but they would not let me in because it is a comanche with a long wheel base and the rules would not allow it, so i un-built it back to a 7100 class, then they said we could run " limited races" in JeepSpeed. They still dont alow Comanche's in JeepSpeed without prior approval. BITD, although heavy Ford focused, allowed us no problem,and any questions we had compairing between Ford and Jeep, Casey would answer for me himself. So I said the heck with JeepSpeed and went with BITD.
That being said, if the JeepSpeed rules were ammended to INCLUDE Comanches i would be in there in a heartbeat with front long arms chromed! :) But currently i cant waste time and money on a maybe...........

The Comanche wheelbase has a big advantage over the Cherokees and Wranglers, so that is probably why Jeepspeed said you couldn't run in the 1700 class, but maybe Jeepspeed could acommodate you in another class like 3700?

The 3700 class is unlimited...... that comes with an unlimited wallet...... want to be able to go racing and have a good time. Plus if i were to sink that much $ in a race car it will be a 2011 Wrangler.... still kicking that around

The 3700 class is unlimited...... that comes with an unlimited wallet...... want to be able to go racing and have a good time. Plus if i were to sink that much $ in a race car it will be a 2011 Wrangler.... still kicking that around

There are currently some closed door discussions going on regarding Jeepspeed classes for 2011.

Look for some major changes that will make it easier for the low budget teams to be competitive.

Some possible changes in store for the 3700 cars as well that will help level the playing field.

We are looking at ways to increase entrys. Decisions have yet to be made, but my guess is there will be a place for the MJs next year.

Don't get me wrong -Race. I like Jeepspeed. 'Great idea, great execution. Love watching the racing. 'Really cool that it's "jeepcentric".

The idea behind the 1700 class, everybody runs the same chassis, wheelbase, travel numbers, etc, makes for great competitive racing. Wish I could do it. I just don't have 20-25K to buy or build a competitive car, or the money to campaign it.

As for major rule changes that will make it cheaper, I doubt it. Unless the ban aftermarket axles, engines, double and triple bypass shocks, etc it'll still be expensive. People who have the money will spend it.
Decisions have yet to be made, but my guess is there will be a place for the MJs next year.
No offense, but that's what they told Zoomy97ACR three years ago. Read post 24 again.

The cool thing about the Comanche is, with some really good shocks, and drive sanely(there's our problem) it's tough as nails. It weighs less and has as much or more power then anything else in it's class. In a (literally bone-)stock class they're fast and competitive. The 741 truck was cheap. With another $3-5k I'll have a nice stock class truck to play in, and I'll have about as much in it as the T&J Jeepspeed parts kit costs.

I'm keeping an eye on the Jeepspeed series. If I can ever pull it off, well, I'm game. In the mean time, there's this guy in a little maroon toyota that keeps popping up at the BITD races. I'd like to feed him some dirt,.. :D

heck yea..... that Toyota is stout! It is right in the crosshairs of the comanches... we will get him! I Promice! LOL!!!!

As for JeepSpeed, I would love to run JeepSpeed. BITD and SCORE both have classes in them for it, and i would love some long arms and better suspension "flexiablity". So we will see, as of now the truck is still broken from the last race,and when i get out of this Iraqi desert, i will be repairing it for the American desert. complete front end overhaul. so hope the rules are sorted by then so i can decide... 7300 or 1700 ????

How unlimited is 3700 class?
Links, coilovers, open engines(any mopar), You can't run a trophy truck, but in theory the 3700s should be tons faster then the 1700.(in reality, for some reason, most of the 3700 field DNFs)

Back