• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld d35 diff on 32's ??

I have not broken a D35, but I never wheeled my XJ with the D35 still in it.

I do make a good living from people who do push there D35s to its limits and it happens quite often. With that said please to continue to beat, weld and put too of big tires on a D35 cause your helping me and people like me make a living as well as helping the economy.

I'm not helping you becuase I NEVER effing broke mine. Honestly I think people have selective eyesight. Honestly I don't think 33s are pushing the d35 to its limits. I mean, according to one guy, 30s would be the d35s limit right? The major contributing factor is driving style.

34" TSLs, 4x4 low, WOT with head start, up hill with a anchor (video shows only one pull, i actually did many head starts to pull the discovery up the hill before the video take in place)

i seriously need to get rid of the 3.55 R/P for lower gearing or more power LOL :roflmao:

slap an 8.25 29 spine in there with an aussie and be done with it.... please please please dont put an arb air locker in a dana 35! thats like scrapping your nut sack across broken glass

I'm not helping you becuase I NEVER effing broke mine. Honestly I think people have selective eyesight. Honestly I don't think 33s are pushing the d35 to its limits. I mean, according to one guy, 30s would be the d35s limit right? The major contributing factor is driving style.
I ran 33x14 boggers on my dana 35. ran it this way on two runs! it never broke, but it sure made me nervous. i NEVER went wheelin alone..

with that said, i have seen them break with 30's and i have ran mine on 33s.. i still think they are a very weak link, and if you want to improve reliability, getting rid of the d35 is the first step!

I upgraded to a Dana 44, my old 35 is sitting in the garage... its been posted on craigslist 5 times now FREE nobody wants it, its in the karma section, nobody wants it...

I would NEVER lock one.. especially a C-Clip.. watching a tire go one way as the jeep goes the other will scare the hell out of a person!

Now I never said 33s are pushing a D35 to its limit, I just sad I make money off people who push there D35s to hard.

33x14 boggers are some SERIOUS tractions and heavy for a D35! id be FAR more nervous than i do with my current 34x9.50 TSL swampers on alloys (read- LIGHT!)

i do understand your point jrw7072009, it may be sad on making money off someone who got screwed up with their D35 and fix their D35 and break it all over later. like doctors help old people to try recovery from a pelvis fracture when they dont have much time left to live.

what he said^!
sure, you can break them. but hell, i've seen people break 60's on trails i was doing on a turdy5 with 32's, and i actually made it up. i've wheeled the crap out of my lunchbox locked 35, and my new jeep has a 35 under it. when i break it, i will replace it. end of story. i'm not gonna repair a broken 35, unless it's just to get me back home, but i don't wanna dump $500 bux into an axle until i need to.

34" TSLs, 4x4 low, WOT with head start, up hill with a anchor (video shows only one pull, i actually did many head starts to pull the discovery up the hill before the video take in place)

i seriously need to get rid of the 3.55 R/P for lower gearing or more power LOL :roflmao:

:roflmao: you all most pulled him down the hill on the other side haha.

but seriously OP do not lock the D35, i have 33's on mine right now and everytime i drive it im scared its going to go kaboom. cannot wait to find a 8.8 to swap

Back