• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

That is a curious property. The house has commercial exit signs in it. The garage has a stage and bar. I wonder if it was residential or if he was using it commercially for something.

Hmmm.....

That is a curious property. The house has commercial exit signs in it. The garage has a stage and bar. I wonder if it was residential or if he was using it commercially for something.

Hmmm.....

Yea I know. It's at 129K right now. I suspect it would go for cheap based on location and style compared to other properties in that area. Most people would not even look at it because it's an ugly duckling but I love it. Fairly close to I85 and the foothills. No telling what it was used for. That size property in that area with an aesthetically pleasing look to it and it would bring the big bucks I would think.

Holy crap - $129,000? $129 would buy you about 1000 sq ft with a carport on the side and 1/4 acre here - and that would be a fixer upper, to boot.

Holy crap - $129,000? $129 would buy you about 1000 sq ft with a carport on the side and 1/4 acre here - and that would be a fixer upper, to boot.

Yea exactly. The problem with these deals is you have to have the cash to jump on them and that aint me.......

Installed LOKKA LOCKERS in both my Dana 30 and Chrysler 8.25 of my 2000 XJ Sport.

Very Rubicon-esque.
Except for maybe all the clickin' and clackin'.....and the the fact that they aren't selectable. But the sucker WILL CLIMB!

im sure the 30 bucks a pop u saved over a real aussie will help when they explode and take out your gears and carrier.
those things are made out of junk steel with subpar heat treating.
lokka has 0 quality control and shit for warranty/customer service

According to this, Aussie and Lokka are the same unit - just branded differently based on geography.

http://lokka.com/site/

im sure the 30 bucks a pop u saved over a real aussie will help when they explode and take out your gears and carrier.
those things are made out of junk steel with subpar heat treating.
lokka has 0 quality control and shit for warranty/customer service

Any proof of this or just another keyboard product review?

So I'm moving forward still on buying the land I want in Owens Crossroads Alabama, they want a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but still worth it as long as I can figure out how to put in a septic field. The place I was looking to put a house is no good, due to massive sinkholes/crevices in the rocks, but there's more stable land just up the hill. Going to build a 800-850 sq ft house, and 1600 sq ft garage. It's a beautiful plot of land, super steep 6.5 acre hillside, with open field across the road to let in the sun. Gravel rd with 1 house past this land, 1/2 mile farther down the dead end rd, closest house up the rd also about 1/2 mi, so great for hunting and just general having space.

So assuming I do get it, any NAXJA folks in the Huntsville area, there will be another jeep building garage in the area, and I might build a rock crawling trail or two on the property, it's super steep and rough land

that place went for $275,624.

Nice! I sure wish I could buy this property and move!

http://www.terryhowe.com/auctions/auction-detail/?id=299513#GalleryView

15 acres in Seneca, SC 4 bay garage 4 bedroom 3 bath home. Largest door is 18' x 11' and the bay is 45' deep!

We spent the weekend (last weekend of course) at the local flea market down here for Jeeptoberfest. YellowXJ's daughter probably put 50 miles on her XJ on the various courses!

I ended up breaking (again) the bolts/studs on my driver side leaf spring plate but nothing else happened because of it.

I think there were over 1,500 jeeps this year. Mostly JK's and a fair few TJs'. Maybe 10 XJs, 10 CJ's, 10-20 YJ's and 3 renegades...believe it or not. I was 1 of 4 MJ's there.

It was a good time. Facebook Jeeptoberfest for LOTS of pics and vid.

I really have to make my front leaves parallel, and fix my t-case so I have high range, and make a rear bumper, and...LOL

Worked on my tow rig yesterday. It didn't quite fit all the way in the shop while on the lift.

Does this shop make my butt look big? :rolleyes:

There has been a "whirring" noise coming from the clutch area when I release the clutch. I was hoping it was just the release bearing, but now that it's all back together, it still makes the noise :mad:

Oh well, at least now I know the release bearing isn't about to fly apart. It's a Ford F-350 and at some point it looks to have been converted to a single mass flywheel, but to be honest I've never seen a dual mass flywheel in person to compare, it just looks like a normal old flywheel to me. I've heard that single mass flywheel style clutches make noises similar to what I'm experiencing, but since I've never actually heard another one that's confirmed to be the source of the noise to compare it to, it has me worried that it's the input shaft bearing in the transmission.

The strangest thing about it is this:

If I'm coming up to a red light or stop sign, I can take it out of gear and release the clutch while I'm still rolling. When I come to a stop, there's no noise. If I push in the clutch pedal and release it, the noise returns. Same thing when I keep the clutch pushed in when coming up to a stop, then release. Noise is there. Weird. Can anyone shed some light on that?

Started as this
857a641d1bf308bbad88f5ace2a0329d.jpg

End of this weekend
9d73d795babab8e9a19e8fd63223d621.jpg
f30a1107eaca46f2e553d096c1531a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back