• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Those guys did that movie with less than a month of riding experience, also.

It was a very good movie. More a narrative on our lives and how our decisions shape our life story than an adventure tale. The focus was not about tackling hard terrain, but rather facing things that test you at your stage of life and the decisions surrounding those details. It was a very well done movie and the theater was basically full.

Last edited:
We downloaded the Ultra 4 game for my son and I wheeled the Team NAXJA XJ. Pretty cool.

Spent the weekend in Greenville SC with my girlfriend for her triathlon. She did a 1/2 iron man (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.2 mile run) yesterday. I couldn't be more proud of her accomplishment and all the training she did leading up to it. She's already planning for the next one. No way in hell I could do it!

Spent the weekend in Greenville SC with my girlfriend for her triathlon. She did a 1/2 iron man (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.2 mile run) yesterday. I couldn't be more proud of her accomplishment and all the training she did leading up to it. She's already planning for the next one. No way in hell I could do it!

Didn't realize you were in Greenville... So was I.

Took quick "needed parts" inventory of my 89 Waggy.
A- immediate need
B. near future
C. would be nice
D. only dreaming

Hope Pull a Part in Charlotte has a few donors

I thought about getting my Jeep ready for Harlan.....and that was about it.

Took quick "needed parts" inventory of my 89 Waggy.
A- immediate need
B. near future
C. would be nice
D. only dreaming

Hope Pull a Part in Charlotte has a few donors

If not, check out Auto Parts U Pull on Statesville road over by North Lake. Their prices are a little higher than PAP, but they've generally had a better selection the past few times i've been up there:

9820 Statesville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269

There's also LKQ, although I haven't been here yet to see how good it is. They're on the other end of the street I work on and i've been meaning to stop by one afternoon for a while now:

3900 Chesapeake Dr, Charlotte, NC 28216

Went to a weeding shower. Cut some more brush down at Deanna's house. Burned most of it. Celebrated her Birthday and then Glenn and Ben's Birthday. My twins are 18! Damn I'm old. Took the jeep for a drive to burn some of the fuel out of the tank. I need to swap that tank out before Harlan. Found the front mounts for the slip and twist traction bar broken. So I have to replace that too.

Went to a weeding shower. Cut some more brush down at Deanna's house. Burned most of it. Celebrated her Birthday and then Glenn and Ben's Birthday. My twins are 18! Damn I'm old. Took the jeep for a drive to burn some of the fuel out of the tank. I need to swap that tank out before Harlan. Found the front mounts for the slip and twist traction bar broken. So I have to replace that too.
It seems like your traction bar has issues after every trip?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It seems like your traction bar has issues after every trip?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not really. The front mounts to the axle have a lot more forces on them then I thought they would. I was hoping the tube I had welded to the axle tube would hold up but it's not. Just needs a stronger front tie in.

I was waiting at the stoplight in Lynchburg today, and there was one end of a complete double rainbow in front of me, coming right out of Jack Daniels Distillery. I wish I'd had a camera to prove that there's not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but there is bourbon.

Jack is whiskey....not bourbon....but we get the point!

:cheers:

bourbon is a type of whiskey, and jack daniels is indeed a bourbon, according to Wikipedia, ...

"The product meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, though the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon.[8][9] As defined in the North American Free Trade Agreement, Tennessee Whiskey is classified as a straight bourbon authorized to be produced in the state of Tennessee.[10]"

According to Business Insider - That charcoal is the secret ingredient in Jack Daniel’s whiskey and the thing that distinguishes it from American bourbon. And it’s this extra filtration that means Jack Daniel’s is Tennessee whiskey, not bourbon.

It's all semantics I guess! Regardless of what you call it, it'll get you good and drunk.

Mud bog at the franklin county fairgrounds tomorrow, if anyone in the area wants to come out and watch. Still have a couple odds and end to finish on the jeep before noon tomorrow, but it's close enough to ready

1st place out of 7 trucks in my class (35-40" tires) at 62.5 ft, made some money!

starting first run, clean jeep
P1030685.jpg

finished second run, not so clean. Even my pup Raven had to get hosed off when I got home
P1030703.jpg

Back