• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

The weekend...lets see.......watched the end of an Imagination Movers episode with my 3 year old....read some stories to the 6 year old.... Busy weekend:viking:

sometimes seems mundane at the time, but these are the things that make everything else worth doing. Cherish it while you can-- I know it's cliche, but you'll never believe how quick they grow up!

Friday - had "new" rims from salvage yard installed and found out the rims were not from an XJ so I'll need to install longer wheel studs for safety. Also installed new radiator.

Saturday - repaired the air horn, driving lights, fog lights, off road lights, and reverse lights by replacing all the wires that someone cut. Replaced 4 of the wheel studs with longer bolts but had to stop due to a thunderstorm.

sometimes seems mundane at the time, but these are the things that make everything else worth doing. Cherish it while you can-- I know it's cliche, but you'll never believe how quick they grow up!

I'm with ya. These college kids don't know what they are in for in the future...:cheers:
and if you haven't seen the Imagination Movers....they aren't bad. Much more pallatable then Barney cr*p.:looser:

isnt college awesome! whats your degree?

College is a blast!!!....Just not this aspect of it! I'm in Mechanical Engineering Technology...Senior Year too. Can't wait for this to be over!

Seats look great Tim! Very jealous.

Thanks Nick..just need to run wire to them for the power and clean up the appearance of the fab work.

Didn't touch my XJ....I got to get something worked out on it. I did drive the mother-in-law's XJ....it's nice.

Sat: Went to the 'Boro and got two Nickelback CD's. Ate at Zaxby's (love that place). Chatted on NAXJA for 2.5 hours.

Sun: Church, watched the Titan's mess up again, worked on a model truck and got some stuff done. Tyler scored a 8.8 with 4.10's.....Thanks Team Willys! Now to locate a front D30 with 4.10's.

Last edited:
got really tired of rain...changed the oil in the waggy, drove it around a little, and got a wierd knock that seems to go away when the engine cools back down. temp guage don't work, so i'm thinking maybe cooling issue. running 10w40 with a quart of lucas, so i think the oil is plenty thick. went and played in a creek in the waggy, and she did great! the knock came after a 20 minute drive into m'boro, but didn't appear when i only drove down the street to the creek and back.

Spent just about all of saturday out in the garage. IT WAS GREAT!!! Had the game on (UT lost but atleast they did better then expected), cleaned up some, and worked on the hood. Sunday worked at church and then came home, watch the Titans lose, and helped around the house.

friday night: put back seat and sissy bar on bike, cleaned up said bike, made flyer and business cards to hand out (selling the said bike)
saturday: woke up at 3:30 and met my dad at a local diner for breakfast and then participated in the trail of tears ride... started out well... ended up raining really good about half way to lunch stop so we peeled off the pack and went to my dads place for a couple hours... rain didnt let up so he drove me back to chattanooga in the suburban.
sunday: went to breakfast with friend from out of town for his birthday, went to church, watched momento with the wife and ended up renting 17again (wife choice, but wasnt bad) ahhhhh sleep finally!

work :(

just got inside and cleaned up, doing an engine swap today. Sorry i've been kinda out of the loop lately, i've been pulling 16 hr days for uncle sam, 5 on, 1 off most of this month til next weekend.

Everything seems to be going smoothly so far with the swap, ill post back later today with some pics and let ya know how it turned out, also im gonna have a ton of stock parts up for grabs soon including a 97-01 complete front clip and maybe a 4.5 RC lift with drop brackets and 32" tires, I might be going a different route with the rig...

KP

just got inside and cleaned up, doing an engine swap today. Sorry i've been kinda out of the loop lately, i've been pulling 16 hr days for uncle sam, 5 on, 1 off most of this month til next weekend.

Everything seems to be going smoothly so far with the swap, ill post back later today with some pics and let ya know how it turned out, also im gonna have a ton of stock parts up for grabs soon including a 97-01 complete front clip and maybe a 4.5 RC lift with drop brackets and 32" tires, I might be going a different route with the rig...

KP

Wow, you were working on that until 2am? That's insane.

I helped build a fence at Tims house, went to the summit store and got 2 new mufflers for the Willys, then went to the PAP in North Atl and got Ed a 4.10 geared posi 8.8 from a C4C exploder. Then watched X Men orgins with Tim. Drove back to Chattanooga in the rain, got home at 11, then got up at 3:45 to go work.

I helped build a fence at Tims house, went to the summit store and got 2 new mufflers for the Willys, then went to the PAP in North Atl and got Ed a 4.10 geared posi 8.8 from a C4C exploder. Then watched X Men orgins with Tim. Drove back to Chattanooga in the rain, got home at 11, then got up at 3:45 to go work.
sounds like an awesome weekend there tyler!

Back