• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Went to swap stock leaf springs in my 89 w/ a set of so called Rusty's 4.5" leaf packs I had traded for. Got the old one's off and laid the 4.5's on top to see how much more arch there was.... Guess what, I traded parts for another set of stockers...... :anon:

i think id have to beat the other party with the leaves. but thats just me

went on a 20 or so mile canoe trip from m'boro to nashville down the stones river, and ended up carrying that canoe about as much as i go to to ride in it... still much fun, though.

started stripping clearcoat from "project free Jeep" in preparation for paint. Momma still wants it neon pink and since it's for her, I guess I'll oblige.

If anyone knows the person who signed off on Chrysler's clearcoat in the early '90's, I'm volunteering to make a trip to his house, cut his arms off, and strangle him with his own hands.

started stripping clearcoat from "project free Jeep" in preparation for paint. Momma still wants it neon pink and since it's for her, I guess I'll oblige.

If anyone knows the person who signed off on Chrysler's clearcoat in the early '90's, I'm volunteering to make a trip to his house, cut his arms off, and strangle him with his own hands.

Agreed! My cousin just got a 94 cherokee, and the clear is coming off of it...

Its only 2wd, but it has the 4.0 HO motor and an AW4, so im gonna try to convince him to do a 4wd swap on it. Just need a trans, t-case and shiter, and the front axle. We'll see if PAP can help us out on that maybe.

went wheeling at Golden Mountain on my birthday...
broke my tracbar mount on the axle, on the Willys...
went out to eat with some friends...
tore up the rock course at the LHS with my Losi MRC...
went swimming...
need some sleep!!!

Wnt to golden mountain, wheel all day saturday, bent tie rod, spit a front axle u-joint cap, and blew up a muffler. Came home sunday and got here around 2. Finished putting the clutch stuff in the Stroker YJ and sent it on its merry way. Then fixed the Willys axle and tie rod and loaded it back up. Headed to Windrock this morning and rode 15, little mule, and 3. Made it all the way through 3 but broke my crossmember and slit a power steering hose in the v-notch. But once again I was able to drive it out under its own power, so no complaints.

So my list of repairs is as follows:

-New mufflers $35 for both through summit.
-New power steering hose ~$20
-Fix cross member FREE, just some time with Mr. Hobart and a drill.
-Beef up cross member and add a brace to prevent twisting caused by torque arm; almost free, may have to grab a foot or two of 1.5" tube and a bushing sleeve. Not sure what I have in stock here at the house.

All and all, nothing too bad. I cant complain, the things that broke have been wheeled on for a long time with no issues so I guess it was their time to go.

went on the golden mtn trip, broke u-joint and all the ears on both inner and outer passenger side shaft. kinda hugged a tree with the drivers side (sam helped on that one :)...)

today i went doorless

Agreed! My cousin just got a 94 cherokee, and the clear is coming off of it...

Its only 2wd, but it has the 4.0 HO motor and an AW4, so im gonna try to convince him to do a 4wd swap on it. Just need a trans, t-case and shiter, and the front axle. We'll see if PAP can help us out on that maybe.

Just need a trans, t-case and shiter, and the front axle.

did they come with that option?

I've got an AW4 (4wd tail shaft) from an '88 if they've got the same spline output shaft (21 for '88) you are welcome to for shipping..?..

wakeboarding ALL weekend!

This offer still stands...

This offer still stands...

lemme know when You go, both my 95's are suffering from this.

Yup, it was a special order deal...also known as the "Cousin Eddie" option :D

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I soo didn't notice that! How funny!

The HO engine equipped XJs are 23 spline input, so I would need a 23 spline T-case and trans to keep it factory. I mean, buying all the parts at PAP would still be less than $500 for everything needed, and he wouldn't have anything in labor for me to help him out, as long as he helps.

I'd be willing to teach him how to work on something, because right now he has no mechanical experience whatsoever.

Tonight Dan and I will be making repairs to His willys, and maybe mine as well. We gotta fix his trac bar mount, and I need to add another mounting location for my crossmember to keep it from twisting. It wasn't originally designed to have a torque arm mounted to it, so when I added one, there were stresses that were never supposed to be there. So... I gotta improve on it to keep it from braking again.

weekend ain't nearly over, but I've gotten a decent start on things:

-finished clearcoat removal
-knocked the shine off the remaining finish
-bought half of the Dupli-Color paint company (one can at a time)
-broke every rule in the book and shot paint outdoors (garage is full of other projects)
-got "project free Jeep" one color for the first time since I got it:

003-9.jpg

001-10.jpg

002-8.jpg

and just in case anyone missed how she looked in July:

IMG00002.jpg

i put in a new thermostat at 180* so maybe she wont over heat so easily... still need to figure out what my starting problem is... maybe take the starter off and have it checked otherwise its the ignition switch...

Could be the solenoid Blake, there should be one mounted on the Pass side firewall under the heater hoses. There is also one on the starter. Jeep copied the new Ford way with this, they got 2 solenoids, although only one is really needed.

Got Dan's Willys fixed, well one part of it. The trac bar mount will never brake again, It is AWESOME! Definitely the Rock Solid Fabrication way. I'm sure he will post some picture of it. Then we went and played in a 4 foot ditch in my Granfathers field, and noticed the steering box bolts were either getting loose, or had stripped out like the previous box did (probably the latter of the 2). Because the box was able to twist on the frame, the steering joints were hitting the fram again. So it will most likely end up being through bolted just like the previous box.

I wasn't able to get my crossmember work done. I will probably change my torque arm shackle style to my later design. The way I have ot now works fine, but it looks cheap and half ass. I came up with a better design, like what I built for Blake, and it looks much better. Only bad thing is that I will have to order some heims, super high misalignment spacers, and some tubing inserts. But I think I'll go that way b/c I like the way it looks, and im a stickler on that. If something looks iffy (cough, trac bar mount Dan, cough), chances are, it is.

:)

Last edited:
still need to figure out what my starting problem is... maybe take the starter off and have it checked otherwise its the ignition switch...

What kinda problems are you having? I had intermittent starting problems, sometimes wouldn't turn over. I upgraded all 6 battery cables and I haven't had a problem since. Guess there was a bit of corrosion in some of those old cables.

i got the JK shocks and bar pin eliminators installed on old blue. next week maybe a 2 inch lift :D

Back