• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Went over to a buddy's house and we beefed up a Warn t-case skid that I'd gotten for freebies. It was dented up when I got it. I'd like to see it bend now! :laugh2:

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

Well so far tonight I've replaced my side view mirrors, figured out my brake booster is shot, removed the tint from the front 2 windows (that was a bitch and half), installed battery tie down, cleaned out the jeep, and off to vac the inside out. Once that is done Fiona and I will be loading up the jeep for tomorrow. Not getting everything knocked out on my to do list like i wanted but at least i'm getting the important stuff done.

Thanks, I can't have you guys thinking I'm always slow lol. Looks like I'm going to need a new one. Planning on going with the WJ booster swap while I'm at it.

and to start my long weekend i just changed the passenger side caliper on the big jeep.

Thanks, I can't have you guys thinking I'm always slow lol. Looks like I'm going to need a new one. Planning on going with the WJ booster swap while I'm at it.

let me know when you do that...ill come over to help. interested how much it will increase performance.

Spent yesterday swapping axles on my friends 98. Went from stock 3.07's for his 5 speed to 3.55's out of a 99 automatic. Also added longer shackles and coil spacers to bring him from 3" to 5". Also had to take the drivers side axle shaft on the front off of the stock axle to put on the new. Got the axles back in and bolted up only to see on the test drive at 11:30 last night that the right front has a wobble (bent hub from the best I can tell). Should be having a friend take care of that one this morning. Got home from messing with it about 12:30 and I have to be at work today from 8am-4pm :banghead:

Finished up my exhaust project. Tucked everything up as much as possible in preparation for a full belly skid, removed the stock "dent" from the downpipe, added a braided flex pipe before the crossmember and painted it all up. Also got most of the details worked out for my WJ swap. I got to work late tomorrow and monday, so my weekend is over.

Mowed the yard while everybody else wheeled at GM and had a great time.:bawl:

Worked most of the day..got off around 4 and stopped by a friends house to borrow his garage so I could change the oil in the Jeep and get it ready for Uwharrie tomorrow. Off to bed now..hope to be on the road by 7:30am tomorrow!

hey man, it's prolly not bent.... you gotta but those wheelbearing bolts in evenly and at the same torque....

I think that's what it ended up being. My buddy called and said he took the rotor back off, rechecked everything, messed with the backing plate some, and threw it all back together and it's good to go. The rear has a bit of a wobble to it on the right side. Thinking a bearing on that issue.

Out the door to Uwharrie for the day!

Saturday: Rode shotgun with Brian (Spawn 93) and Whitney at Golden Mountain. Definately a great trip and got to see the SEC peeps again (always a great thing).

Sunday: Church, ran to Murfreesboro and then came home a read some threads on motor mounts. I don't know which way to go on them, half way, all the way or over the top.

Went to swap stock leaf springs in my 89 w/ a set of so called Rusty's 4.5" leaf packs I had traded for. Got the old one's off and laid the 4.5's on top to see how much more arch there was.... Guess what, I traded parts for another set of stockers...... :anon:

Luckly, my 90 parts Jeep has a RC 4.5" lift w"AAL . I know that for a fact. I was my DD until it finally died. Guess I'm spending tomorrow swapping both axles out.

Got halfway through a fender trim. Driver side to go.....

Got some wheelin in at Uwharrie with Josh (Joshooha)...finally fully flexed the Jeep and managed not to break anything...guess I wasn't trying hard enough lol.

1003093f.jpg

1003100d.jpg

Back