• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Did they really put CV's in ZJ's? I know WJ's were a CV set up...

Reason i'm asking is, the D30 I picked up yesterday to rebuild came out of a 93, which I believe means it has the smaller ujoints?

Did they really put CV's in ZJ's? I know WJ's were a CV set up...

Reason i'm asking is, the D30 I picked up yesterday to rebuild came out of a 93, which I believe means it has the smaller ujoints?
unless it had ABS or was upgraded at some point, yeah, small joints.

I know the 95 5.2 ZJ I worked on a year or two ago had CVs. They're really easy to recognize, obviously.

my folks bought a sea doo electric pool scooter thingy..... i had to test it....
http://youtu.be/-9lqW2kKkKg

oh yeah and Mark swung by the Silvera compound with some sweet parts from David..... it was nice to see the lovin he's giving my old mj.

Last edited:
unless it had ABS or was upgraded at some point, yeah, small joints.

I know the 95 5.2 ZJ I worked on a year or two ago had CVs. They're really easy to recognize, obviously.

I recall talking to a guy a couple of years ago when I worked at Advance who had a V8 ZJ that was bitching about having to replace CV's. I looked at him with a dumb look on my face because I wasn't aware that ZJ's even came with CV's....so I wonder if maybe it's a V8 thing?

oh yeah and Mark swung by the Silvera compound with some sweet parts from David..... it was nice to see the lovin he's giving my old mj.

He has given alot of love to that mj...

Went to Uwharrie with my crew... had a great trip with minimal breakage.

Lower shock bushing on the driver front is now non existant, lift kit has 2 wheeling trips and maybe 300 miles on it total so thats a bit disapointing, will be calling my Rough Country vendor in the am for some new ones.

Flex'd the absolute hell out of my 4.5" short arm kit with aal and shackle...

156452_10150991045048356_513068355_13379702_740843823_n.jpg

I also walked daniel twice, which I was pretty proud of being as I did no body damage, rockers still flawless, on some very bald 31's mainly due to my rear spartan.

536152_10150991038648356_513068355_13379645_746844452_n.jpg

Walked the 2nd ledge on daniel too...

543032_10150991039258356_513068355_13379653_714593127_n.jpg

Playing around on the backside of daniel.

528484_10150991246028356_513068355_13380668_1775352507_n.jpg

Had an interesting weekend...

Friday night I went to a Candle light service in remembrance of those lost in last years tornadoes.

Saturday morning went to bank and paid off one of my credit cards. party1:

Then Saturday evening I went up to Cleveland for a little "street car" action. Alternator was giving me fits once I got there so no racing for me. I was able to make it home though so its all good. Alternator was under warranty so I pulled it off this morning and took it to swap it. After arguing with the parts guy for 30 mins I finally got another one. All the good parts guys have quit or moved to different stores so I guess Im going to stop going in that one... Went to church and finally officially joined. After lunch I put the alternator on and washed Betty. Discovered her alternator is dead too... :banghead:Then went to a church dinner/gathering in the car since the alternator was working again. And it ran out of gas as I pulled in lol. At least I made it though! Really need to put a new sender in it haha. So got a buddy to take me to get a coupe of gallons and that got me going and to the station again. Made it home and pulled the other bad injector out of my truck so I can go spend another $450 on a new one tomorrow. Now Im relaxing in bed watching TV. :)

Even with the issues it was still a great weekend and Im blessed to have the opportunity to have some time off and enjoy myself, even if there are some speed bumps along the way.

Enjoyed the awesome weather today by cleaning up the DD and grilling some steaks with a couple of friends. Not looking forward to going back to reality tomorrow......

I watched as brand new carpet went in the MJ, thanks Matt! I also put in a late model center console. Now I need to dye all the interior plastic to match it. Why in the crap did they use so many different shades of gray????

What do you think of that console? I've thought about a console in the MJ, but I kind of like having the extra open space on teh hump.

What do you think of that console? I've thought about a console in the MJ, but I kind of like having the extra open space on teh hump.

I'm gonna like it but I've got to do some trimming on it to get it like I want it. I'm gonna work on it this week and see what I can come up with. I have two different options in mind. I'll see which one I like best.

I just want a freaking cup holder!:)

I'd be interested in seeing some pics once you figure out your final design.

I bought a "console" from wal mart that goes between the two seats - it has some storage and two cupholders and fits perfectly. Mine is basically like this except the storage area is different. Same basic design, though LINK

Last edited:
I recall talking to a guy a couple of years ago when I worked at Advance who had a V8 ZJ that was bitching about having to replace CV's. I looked at him with a dumb look on my face because I wasn't aware that ZJ's even came with CV's....so I wonder if maybe it's a V8 thing?
dunno, I will try to remember to check tomorrow morning when I have the parts catalog open. I would bet it is either a fulltime 4wd thing or a V8 thing.

rode on this (Tram at Pearl Ridge Mall):
7127534561_12d23bba6c_b.jpg

and this, the Pineapple Express at Dole Plantation:
6981454240_992b6d3c7b_b.jpg

ate a pineapple chili cheese dog:
6981451754_e39d84d94f_b.jpg

defeated the worlds largest maze, in 28 minutes:
6981456036_498858188a_b.jpg

went here:
7127535123_4b5d77b518_b.jpg

and here:
6981449542_dae9717da7_b.jpg

Jeep turned 115:
7127535823_4afea29159_c.jpg

and of all people, met this guy(whom the wifey had to have a pic with):, not exactly Dog the Bounty Hunter:
6981450218_6b49166a75_b.jpg

I don't think he ever changes his shirt, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgBAuNc7K-0

KP:patriot:

Got a driver's seatbelt installed finally. Got my new digital fuel gauge hooked up. Doesn't work right, but after talking to the company I know why (probably). Plastic gas tank= no ground for sender. Which means dropping the tank again and adding a ground wire. Then I get to put my dash back together. Oh and got the radio working with one speaker. Not sure why the others don't work. Replaced the wires. Guess the radio is just crap.

Is that a pineapple chilli cheese dog? I wish I could eat pineapple... Also the mall tram thing is pretty cool. How big is that mall?

I watched as brand new carpet went in the MJ, thanks Matt! I also put in a late model center console. Now I need to dye all the interior plastic to match it. Why in the crap did they use so many different shades of gray????

LOL!!! Sorry Mark, your last comment made me laugh!

The mall is pretty big, located on 50 acres, it has an uptown side and downtown side and is connected by a monorail, 3 levels with parking on the roof and mulitple parking garages.

"home to more than 170 stores, restaurants and services. In addition to the monorail, Pearlridge boasts 2 food courts, 12 full-service restaurants, a miniature golf course, 2 arcades, 16 theaters, an emergency clinic, and an 8-story office complex"

Back